Jackals1980

Jul 31, 2024
Wow! I am finally cool, been waiting since high school!
IMG_20240727_161354459.jpg
IMG_20240727_161001654.jpg

Upvote 12
What does that mean :icon_scratch:

No, you're not (yet). 😎

Is there anything you can tell us about this item, or are you asking?

Information is welcome I have done a lot of research I thought it was about 500 b.c. but thinking it's 950 a.d. George reign depicting him in helmet with dragon adorning the Crest. I am thinking pretty rare, good detailing still found near water in Arkansas . Waiting to hear from heritage auctions on an appraisal, but taking offers lol! I am a clown, not everyone gets my humor right away (if ever). It was my way of giving myself a pat on the back but this was an incredibly exciting find for me. No detector, just walking along beach for exercise but I am a treasure hunter for life. Did I answer your question?

Information is welcome I have done a lot of research I thought it was about 500 b.c. but thinking it's 950 a.d. George reign depicting him in helmet with dragon adorning the Crest.
That's quite a difference (~1500 yrs.)

If you're alluding to St. George and the Dragon, the legend goes back much further, but AFAIK, George didn't come into it until the 11th C.

That's a dragon, huh? I wasn't sure what it was. :dontknow:

I am thinking pretty rare, good detailing still found near water in Arkansas . Waiting to hear from heritage auctions on an appraisal, but taking offers lol! I am a clown, not everyone gets my humor right away (if ever). It was my way of giving myself a pat on the back but this was an incredibly exciting find for me. No detector, just walking along beach for exercise but I am a treasure hunter for life. Did I answer your question?
Not sure. Close enough.

I hope you've got something there. The nurtured skeptic in me (call it one of those little guys on my shoulder....)
1722950439757.png

suggests it's more likely a repro. but what do they know? 😉

That's quite a difference (~1500 yrs.)

If you're alluding to St. George and the Dragon, the legend goes back much further, but AFAIK, George didn't come into it until the 11th C.

That's a dragon, huh? I wasn't sure what it was. :dontknow:

Not sure. Close enough.

I hope you've got something there. The nurtured skeptic in me (call it one of those little guys on my shoulder....)
View attachment 2162550
suggests it's more likely a repro. but what do they know? 😉
Could be but all the repros I can find are only done by a silversmith from the Victorian era George W. Shiebler not sure if I remembering the last name correctly. I went back to where I found it and I have also found other items I believe to be trade weights and very old pins or nails that were forged in iron and capped off with lead. I will definitely keep you posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back