Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went over to my buddies house today who wants to start detecting, brought him my xterra 70 to use since it fairly simple to run. We hunted around his house and it was mega trashy so we drove around looking for somewhere to dig. We saw a old one room school with a bean field around it, we stopped and asked the house next door who the owner was, and we secured permission. Almost the first signal I got was the large cent. When I cleaned it off it was toast, so I tumbled it.....oh well it is still cool in my book..lol

I found the ice cream token in his yard, and the bike medallion I have no idea about that one?? The back is blank, still a neat find.

I included a pic of the one room school we hunted a long time after I got the LC and neither of us got another single coin or even a cool relic.We did however dig about 4lbs of aluminum cans though! ;D

Attachments

• Zi6_4394.JPG
    Zi6_4394.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC00847.JPG
    DSC00847.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC00848.JPG
    DSC00848.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC00853.JPG
    DSC00853.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 510
Upvote 0
Congrats.. Many more will follow.
Cool pic..It looks well built by craftsman...
Definately a nice building to restore...

Blaze....

nice finds! cool building too! congrats on your 1st of the year! many more to follow! :thumbsup:

I found this on google concerning the Bicycle medallion
LAYMAN & CAREY CO.
Indianapolis
ca. 1873-1915

Congrats on the copper. That looks like it may turn out to be a very productive site. I would go back and grid out the property.

Here is a similar old schoolhouse in a ghost town outside of Trenton NJ. I think it was built around 1920.

98a92464af52__1136572884000.jpg

cool site. I"m surprised more didn't show up. Nice copper and bike tag though!

Now those are some great looking finds. :thumbsup:
Way to go,
MM

Congrats G4E! I want to thank you again for all your help on setting my E-Trac up. :icon_thumleft:

Not total toast.

Cool site indeed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back