Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This part of a point was found in Williamson, County Tennessee on top of the ground by me. I think it is super cool how the white part of the flint on the left looks like a point. I wish I had found the rest of it to see how big it was. Any ideas as to the type it was?
IMG_1341.jpeg

Upvote 16
This part of a point was found in Williamson, County Tennessee on top of the ground by me. I think it is super cool how the white part of the flint on the left looks like a point. I wish I had found the rest of it to see how big it was. Any ideas as to the type it was? View attachment 2159470
portable rock art
LOL

nice unique material.

Off topic but here is the atlatl I dug in 2014. Do ya’ll think it is an atlatl? I was told that but have no idea. I live in Middle Tennessee where there were Woodland as well as Mississippian period mound builders.

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Off topic but here is the atlatl I dug in 2014. Do ya’ll think it is an atlatl? I was told that but have no idea. I live in Middle Tennessee where there were Woodland as well as Mississippian period mound builders.
How big is it? Might be a knife

Page 435, Overstreet Arrowhead Guide. Morrow Mountain (type). Possibly 9000 years old! Similar types found in TN and KY. Value: $12-$24. Nice find! I am not an expert on arrowheads. Further research required! ╦╦C

The base is chipped up making it fairly difficult to ID. It looks like a side notched point so I'm not thinking Morrow Mnt. There are so many side notch forms from that area it could be one of several types. A nice field grade one though.

Page 435, Overstreet Arrowhead Guide. Morrow Mountain (type). Possibly 9000 years old! Similar types found in TN and KY. Value: $12-$24. Nice find! I am not an expert on arrowheads. Further research required! ╦╦C
I will have to look up that type. Thanks TerryC.

Could be and Adena but it looks more like a Kirk to me. They tend to be thicker and bigger than most Adenas. Just my thoughts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back