I found a bird band, probably from a pigeon .. Is

AU 79 SBS 6989

Attachments

• band.jpg
    band.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,117
Upvote 0
Found this on the internet thought it might help:

If the band has an "AU," report the band to the American Racing Pigeon Union at 405-848-5801.

Upvote 0
Tn Gizmo said:
Found this on the internet thought it might help:

If the band has an "AU," report the band to the American Racing Pigeon Union at 405-848-5801.

Excellent! Thank you .. I will do just that! :thumbsup:

Update: It was reported to the Union and they told me its origins were in Baltimore, MD.

Upvote 0
Found a bit more info: au = American Racing Pigeon Union
79 = year hatched/or banded
SBS = club (Maybe "Share the Blue Sky" a documentary)
6989 = individual number assigned to the bird

Thanks for posting this the search was interesting. Have a great day and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Richard

Upvote 0
Tn Gizmo said:
Found a bit more info: au = American Racing Pigeon Union
79 = year hatched/or banded
SBS = club (Maybe "Share the Blue Sky" a documentary)
6989 = individual number assigned to the bird

Thanks for posting this the search was interesting. Have a great day and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Richard

Good info .. Things are worth anything, but it was still a fun find and interesting to learn about. Thanks for your research.
Merry Christmas to you as well. Hope everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy New Year!

Upvote 0
yes- thanks for that info-- now, I gotta look at all my bands again with a new light--- da Prof--and HAPPY SOLSTICE--

Upvote 0
I found one of those very similar in one of the oldest parks in town. I traced it back to the 1950s and then came to a dead end. I think the person who registered the bird is deceased. Monty

Upvote 0
I found one that still has the poor little guy's leg bone in it :( Racing club was just outside of Harrisburg,Pa.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back