I Finally Have the Right Program - 1841 Site Gives Up an 03 I.H.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I Finally Have the Right Program - 1841 Site Gives Up an '03 I.H.

I've been returning to this year's sites with different programs since getting the Super12 coil for my DFX. It's looking like EEProm Deep Silver, hopped up to run hotter, is working.
There's so much iron in this ground that any good signal requires a lot of passes from different angles, a lot of bringing the coil over the target in pinpoint to see if there are any + VDI #'s.
Even if it's acting like a chunk of beer can, I'm digging. If the VDI # gets more definite as I pull some dirt, whoopee.
Today at the 1841 house across the street from the 1856 one where I got the CW button, I first got 12 cents in new money and a piece of aluminum, then moved to the other side of the yard near an old pine tree. First dig over there was the apparently-old piece of play money. Says "Grimland Play Coin". Next came the child's Greek image pendant--shiny but not gold. Finally a deep (6 or 7 inches, hard to tell, I dig from the sides and hand-lift loosened dirt out) dusty coin turned out to be a 1903 Indian in good shape. Soap and water and a soft toothbrush have gotten a lot of the dirt off, but it needs more cleaning.
I'm sorry about the dark pics. I need a brighter light source to work with no flash.

Attachments

• DSCF0314crop.jpg
    DSCF0314crop.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCF0317crop.jpg
    DSCF0317crop.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0
Re: I Finally Have the Right Program - 1841 Site Gives Up an '03 I.H.

Looks like you have it figured out...beautiful coin.....I haven't found one of those yet but it is on my wish list..HH

Like the Indian really nice detail, nice finds, congrats. HH ;D

Nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back