Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent the better part of the last week doing research and studying Google Earth for some good local places to hunt. I saw an old railroad line that has been converted into a walking path, and where it crosses the river looked promising. I only had three hours to hunt today. It rained SUPER hard last night so the soil was nice and soft and targets were just flying out of the ground! The first location I went was pretty much a bust, only a few zincolns and some scrap iron. The next place I marked on my map gave up a tube of toothpaste, both of the bic lighters, some fishing equipment, and a little bit of change. The last place I went to today was a freakin treasure trove! I found a coin spill with about 75 cents in it, 3 metal Dickies buttons (my first ever buttons), a busted padlock (my first ever padlock), a bunch of small bicycle parts, all within about 20 minutes (I spent 1 hour at each location). My next signal sounded kinda choppy and crappy, but I was getting so much stuff I decided to dig it...and I saw GOLD!!! And out popped this little ear ring with a pearl in the middle. ( its plated and the pearl is probably plastic, but it's my first ear ring!) It has the little back still on it so I searched around for its mate but came up empty. I hunted around for the next 40 minutes or so getting some change and hunts of lead and trash...and it was time to go. Having seen all of your stories about "the last find of the day was when I was leaving" I decided to walk over the ear ring spot on my way out and nearly went deaf from the glorious high tone! Dig down 6" or so into the sand and Ohhhhhh man I see the edge of silver roundness and my heart starts pumping....I clean off more dirt and see its a spoon and it looks silver! Unfortunately the previous owner used it for cooking heroin because the bowl is burned a nice black color...on the back it says 1847 Rogers Bros with hallmark IS and Eternally Yours (which I found out is merely silver plated...still cool tho because it's my first spoon)...so here is the wrap up for the day. 1.39 in clad, Some fishing stuff, a few lighters, a "roach clip" for smoking marijuana, toothpaste, lots of big junk iron, tons of trash, my first buttons, a fake gold earing, and a silver plated spoon from around wwII that was used for cooking heroin. A pretty good day if you ask me!

ForumRunner_20140903_160601.png

ForumRunner_20140903_160628.png

ForumRunner_20140903_160648.png

ForumRunner_20140903_160712.png

Upvote 11
are you hunting in the getto?If you find a dead hooker ,please don't post it:laughing7:Looks like you know how to hun't,think you need better places to go.

Haha no not in a ghetto, just on the outskirts of a small town. I decided on these locations first as I'm using the river as a hard border and working my way in. The area I'm working on is some 300+ acres so it's gonna take a while to hunt it all. Today was day 1!

Great site, good finds, keep digging.

Lol of course the drug addict would pick the nice antique spoon to cook on.

Great finds! Congrats on your silver and gold! Even if it's GP it's still gold plate!
That spoon should clean right up!

are you hunting in the getto?If you find a dead hooker ,please don't post it:laughing7:Looks like you know how to hun't,think you need better places to go.
Not necessarily,some of my better finds were smack dab in the hood,it wasn't always a hood,long ago it housed fishermen,also some places that are now "hoods" housed navy seals,You have to stay open to finding stuff in not so obvious locations

Thanks guys and gals! Yeah it pretty much broke my heart when I saw the bowl of the spoon, but it should clean up (I hope) but if not its still a cool find. I'm hoping to get back out today if it doesn't rain.

Haha no not in a ghetto, just on the outskirts of a small town. I decided on these locations first as I'm using the river as a hard border and working my way in. The area I'm working on is some 300+ acres so it's gonna take a while to hunt it all. Today was day 1!
I was just messin with ya.the heroin spoon kind of threw me off.

Haha I wish I was just kidding about it being a heroin spoon!!! I can see no other reason why a silver plated spoon with a burnt bowl was buried 6 inches down in the sand on the bank of a river near a bridge....perhaps they were cooking one bite of food at a time? Hahaha!

Holy cow, you must've had a lawn and leaf bag with you to carry all that...heh! Nice finds!

Lol nope all I had was a very overloaded Garrett finds pouch, and I completely forgot to grab my biggest piece of iron. I thought at first it was a gun barrel, but it ended up just being a huge iron spike...I left it on a big rock and meant to grab it on my way out but the call of ice cold beer at home had my mind elsewhere lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back