I Didn't Do Really Too Bad Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my way to go back over a previously hunted site, I saw a yard sale sign, so I stopped to check it out. I spent a whole $2 dollars! I got a like new propane lantern, an ice pick and couple of dish pan size plastic containers that I'll use to start seedlings in. I had a long winded conversation with the owner and the next thing you know I was detecting his yard.

I first popped a 1958 Rosie dime and later on a 1966 Kennedy half dollar, my second one for the year and my 4th half dollar for the year. I don't know how people can lose something that big. Just as I unearthed the half next to driveway, a shopper walked up and was interested in what I'd found. We talk for awhile and he invited me to come and detect his yard which was on the other side of the neighborhood. That made me a happy camper.

As I was just finishing up detecting the yard the guy that gave me the new permission bought 4 huge book shelves. I helped the seller load them into the buyer's pickup truck, but it wasn't big enough so we had to load the other on into the seller's pickup truck. I followed them over to the buyer's house and helped carry them into his house.

By then after doing all the detecting and carrying bookshelves, I was wore out, so I asked if it would be alright if could come and detect his yard on another day. He said that I come anytime that I liked.

By the way, it's a huge shaded corner lot across the street from a park. It's going to take me several trips to go over it completely. It could turn out to be a dud or a silver bonanza, we'll find out here pretty soon.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_2185.JPG
    IMG_2185.JPG
    808.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    717.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2190.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 27
That's the way to do it. I can imagine you can hardly walk.

You are killing it every hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Awesome job on the silver!

That's the way to make new friends!

That's the way to do it. I can imagine you can hardly walk.
Thanks! I am a little sore this morning, but I may go ahead and hit that corner lot anyway. I'm just not in a hurry to get going. lol

You are killing it every hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
Thanks! I've only been on a couple of hunts this year that didn't produce a silver coin. What caused a lot of that is me is me testing a new detector by going back over sites that I've previously detected.

Awesome job on the silver!
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

A great day, and a new permission! WTG.
Thanks! I like getting new permissions. A lot times I won't start them that day because I like to savor the thought of getting to start a virgin site over night.

Way to crush it! You don't see silver kennedys on here often. Nice.
Thanks! Yep people didn't like carrying them so not many were lost. They didn't fit any coin machines and if I ever got one in change I'd refuse it and ask for 2 quarters instead. They were really disliked.

tabman, you never fail to get the job done.
Thanks! I usually hang in there until find silver. I've had some long hunts.

That's the way to make new friends!
Thanks! If you're friendly with people they'll be friendly with you in most cases.

tabman

Buy a lottery ticket tabman. Your having some good luck right now. Congrats!

awesome job on all accounts. I know that we will be seeing some cool finds from the new spot and who knows, it might lead to more places

Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :thumbsup:

That’s great. It’s always neat how new permissions can work out. Look forward to your future post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back