I am done searching Nickel rolls.

I have searched more than that. You never know. Just search whatever. Luck is all we need. You may come across of someones dumped collection.

There's so much variety in nickels, it's only a matter of time before you find something...! I've gone through plenty of dry spells, and think just about everyone else on this site has as well. Keep at them, I think you should go through a few more boxes before you make your final decision. When I started doing nickels, I didn't get a single war nickel until many, many, MANY rolls later. Same story with buffalo's, and eventually v's. They're still out there, I can assure you!

Hi All,
I have been reading the forum for a while and enjoying everyone's success.
However, I am done searching Nickel rolls. Completed $300 or so so far with nothing.
Please advise if I should continue or move on to something else?
Thanks

A 3 box skunk streak is very common. Maybe coin roll hunting just isn't for you.

285 boxes over 20 months so far with 493 Keepers. includes over 200 war ( sold a complete set of 11 for $14), 8 "V"'s, around 30 EF-AU Buffs, 15 AU-MS Proofs (9 sold for total $6), about 40 no date Buffs, a '42 10 Reichspfennig, a few '38&'39 D &S's, 5 CUDS (sold for $75), 4 off-center dies (3 sold for total $23), 3 '83P die clash (2 sold for $27), 2 grease struck, 3 lamination errors (2 sold for $24), BUT NOT A SINGLE 50D. every Buff could be the 3 or 3 1/2 leg that some dummy swiped from a collection to buy a burger!!!!. sadly also over 44 rolls of beaver tails that I plan to sell on Ebay at face with free shipping just to get rid of them since banks and most stores won't take the crap. nickels have been very good for me, keep looking. my best box ever had an amazing 44 war nics. another 2 boxes on Monday to ride out the coming ice storm.
Hi All,
However, I am done searching Nickel rolls. Completed $300 or so so far with nothing.
Thanks

Hi All,
Thanks

yeah me too.they're not worth the effort at 35 percent and what i find

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks for your detailed post. I hope to post my success with all of you soon.

Three boxes isn't much, but if it ain't your thing, then that's cool. Nickel boxes were always my favorite when I hunted on a regular basis. Half boxes weren't worth my while since they averaged about 1 x 40% per box. Some would think that 1 x 40% per box is a silver mine, but the gas, lugging them in and out of the banks, as well as the time searching just didn't do it for me. Never tried dimes, since I feared the machine shortages that others have experienced. Cents were too time consuming. Nickel boxes in my area seemed to cough up about 1 buffalo/box and sometimes a war nickel. I started putting together a book of Jeffersons when I scored a '39D in nice shape (I think it has some steps). I still lack the '50D, but I think I've got the rest.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

I think since your new that I would find out exactly what it is you are looking for. Know your buffalos, what a proof is, years of war nickels. I am saying there is a ton of stuff to look for and if you're new do your homework first.

Secondly if the rolls you are getting do not produce try a different brand of boxes. Like if the clear brinks rolls dont have anything get some loomis rolls from different banks. Then turn your non producing pick up bank in to your dump bank. There is stuff out there lots of it. Find a system that works for you and enjoy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back