🔎 UNIDENTIFIED I also found this WMA 17 bullet casing I’d like an ID on, mostly age, and what wma means.

DarthYoda333

Jul 14, 2023
A0604809-6952-4936-9113-9546A760A40A.jpeg
E30D87DA-CDCF-4848-AD6C-F5A559096FCE.jpeg

Yeap made in the Oxford, Mississippi plant. Although marked WMA, the ammo is not strictly for military consumption/use, or a sign of military range usage.

There are outfits that buy one time fired brass (Military and LEO used), and reload it for sale on the commercial market. Georgia Arms is an example of one of these companies.

BTW looks to be a 9mm casing. I know they make 9mm and 5.56 ammo, don't know if they make other calibers.

Last edited:
Upvote 4
Yeap made in the Oxford, Mississippi plant. Although marked WMA, the ammo is not strictly for military consumption/use, or a sign of military range usage.

There are outfits that buy one time fired brass (Military and LEO used), and reload it for sale on the commercial market. Georgia Arms is an example of one of these companies.

BTW looks to be a 9mm casing. I know they make 9mm and 5.56 ammo, don't know if they make other calibers.
Thanks that's good to know. I'm excited to know that anyone can consume these, not just military. HAHAHA I didn't eat one yet, but may one day.

Upvote 2
Thanks that's good to know. I'm excited to know that anyone can consume these, not just military. HAHAHA I didn't eat one yet, but may one day.

Sorry it's a bad habit left over from my military time. Anything that is used is also called consumed. We actually used term consumption or expenditure for munitions that were used.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back