Aquatek

Nov 20, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,
Anyone tried anything like this? I have some pretty difficult locations to prospect so instead of carrying a big highbanker/dredge combo I was thinking of connecting my dredging nozzle outlet hose to the front of my 48" bazooka gold trap top slick plate. The trap will be in the river so the fluidbed will be getting pressure from clean riverwater but I will just use the pump water over the top which will have the paydirt/gravel in it from the nozzle.
Has anyone else tried this setup??
Cheers,
John.

Last edited:
A 3" hose usually runs into a 14" wide box at a fast flow. So at 9½" wide you will have to triple the height of the bazooka and I think that would be way too much material but it is worth a test shot. Use some flashing to add the extra height needed for the water flow.

Yeah, i was thinking that it may be too much for it but I have some aluminium sheeting that might help.... As you say i'll give it a go anyway...... One of my kids can be on "grizzly cleaning" duties :)

You might run into a problem of dumping so much material in that the fluid bed cant keep up and you will start losing gold.

Its worth a shot, test your tailings piles afterword's to see how much gold you are losing.

Understood, what if I gave the "slick plate" a little extra length in lightweight aluminium, i'm thinking that the fine gold will have a little more time to settle to the bottom before going through the grizzly bars??

John.

A 3" hose usually runs into a 14" wide box at a fast flow. So at 9½" wide you will have to triple the height of the bazooka and I think that would be way too much material but it is worth a test shot. Use some flashing to add the extra height needed for the water flow.
a 48 inch miner has a 14 3/4 width at the trap. If you have a miner, I'd say go for gold. You may be pushing your luck with a prospector though :)

What has been your testing result OP?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back