Hurricane Isaac from S Africa to Superdome

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This storm's comming up my street tuesday evening!!! I'll be here in Gretna Louisiana with 80yr old dad. He's in good shape. But stubburn. Just hope it comes in from east of us. Mississippi surely doesn't!! We'll leave if/when the electricity goes, if its safe. Temps will jump back to the 90's soon after. So I go to the a/c. Endured Katrina(7 years to the day) in the 8 plex we own. We watched our flat roof above the second floor peel off to cover some tenants cars in the parking lot. Rain took about 30 mins to come thru ceiling to us. We now have a pitch roof. I hope they actually used hurricane clips forming it. Then went to my house 2 miles away,which was fine but no electric. And would be 12 days to restore. Stayed one miserablle night(90's day-80's night veryhumid) and drove seven hours to dads brothers place in Sargent Texas,on the coast, where we enjoyed 10 nights with aunt and uncle. They were great. I fished and did well on their pier, lighted at night!! Bunch of 2-4lb specks!
Ray
Told dad if he gives me grief, I'd bring him to the Superdome or Convention Center. He said "no,no,no"! We'll be fine. LOL Just joking everyone.

I'm not looking forward to it at all. My house is just shy of 100 years old and still not in the best of shape. Guess I'll just have to hope the roof stays on and make the best of it. If it starts getting too nasty I'm heading into the quarter to a friends house.

I hope yall make it alright, im in natchez,ms and its not looking good for us either,,,,,good luck!!

Hope for the best but prepare for the worse. In my prayers. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back