Hunting through rolls of dimes

Dirty Knees McGee

May 5, 2005
Sunny Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ 6.5x9, 9x12, & EXcelerator 10x14 DD coils
I bought twenty dollars in rolled dimes from the bank today and found this 1923 mercury dime in my first roll!!!? Very cool, unfortunately, the other three rolls had all new 2005 dimes.? Also got five dollars in pennies and found 1944 and 1956 wheaties, not to mention at least 5 Canadian pennies.?

Anyways, I just had to share my 1923 Mercury Dime find.? I really wasn't expecting one, just maybe some pre '64 Rosies. HH

Attachments

• 1923f.jpg
    1923f.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 1923b.jpg
    1923b.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
WOW! Great find! And....you didn't even have to get dirty!

;)

Thats a BONUS find! WTG!

nice find ,, for fun try buying 1/2 dollar rolls in the early 80's i got a roll of silver ..mostly 1964's with a few 67 's in it, seems to work best @ small banks ;D

i check rolls of coins at my work and I usually come home with a wheat or 2 and about once a week some silver,found a 1944 merc.last week.wtg!

peace,bigrig

beetle662 said:
Now that's the kind of coin-hunting you do when it is HOT is He** outside!!!

Congrats on the dime and wheats!

You hit it right on the nose, beetle662! That was the reason I bought the rolls in the first place...too blasted hot out! Though I must confess, I did go out that evening and lost a few pounds in sweat, but did find a few dollars in clad. Still did not top that mercury find! You would think that by now, you wouldn't find mercury dimes in rolls from the bank. I thought previous discussions on roll hunting and finding oldies were nothing more than a hoax, but I am a believer now!!! Thank god my wife finds my hobby amusing, otherwise she would probably think I'm nuts! HH

beetle662 said:
Now that's the kind of coin-hunting you do when it is HOT is He** outside!!!

Congrats on the dime and wheats!

Its also good for the winter when the ground is frozen and its bitter cold!!

HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back