Hunter Orange

Not that I have seen either, Possum. Just to be safe out in field, I always wear at least an orange hat. I do like the idea that Ocean proposed though.

Thanks Guys. That's what I'll probably end up doing.
I've got a couple of jackets, 2 vest, and a few hats that are hunter orange but thought it be nice to add something with the MDn' theme to the collection. It's getting close to hunting season and I don't know about where you all are at but here in Alabama some folks shoot at anything that moves, especially on opening day of deer season. I may just put some patches on the stuff I got because now that I got the metal detecting bug, I will probably not be hunting any because any free time I get I'm gonna be swingin' and diggin'.
Thanks again for the idea,
Ed

Oh, thanks for the heads up for us nonhunters of animals. i wouldnt want to be mistaken for some giant squirll on the ground and get shot in the woods.

I was detecting saturday in an older park and was watching some guy teachin his kid bow hunting....as I was pickin up .22 casings from a field!!!!!

Great reminder we're not alone out there.

Gander Mountain has a large variety of hats in hunter orange. Check them out online if there is not a store close to you.

RCW

It's nice to see that people are thinking safety during this time of year. Granted, you should not be taken as a giant squirrel as indicated above, but why not help the situation. I am a hunter and always am sure of my target, however it never ceases to amaze me the people hiking around the woods wearing brown??? So thank you to those that wear the safety gear as not only is it safer for you, but it shows respect for other activities as well. We should all show a little respect, as there are just to many people wanting to infringe on our rights / hobbies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back