hunted mid 1800s school

shiningstar76

Feb 4, 2005
savannah, ga
hunted mid 1800's school

I am still researching the history but the school opened in the mid 1800's and also served as a union campsite during the civil war. I got out for about two hours today with my CZ-3D and these are my most interesting finds today. The first is an 1887 indian that I found at about 8 inches down. It's a beautiful green color and it is the first that I have ever found. The second I am not sure if it is a broach or a button, but it is a beautiful piece as well. Made my day!
Any suggestions on what the lady on the right may be?? It's not a coin, really light. Sorry about the quality of the photo. My camera is not so good

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 586
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0
Re: hunted mid 1800's school

Super finds!

I'd like to ask about the 'not a coin'.
Are those tendrils of hair around the shoulders of the bust? What's the bump to the left edge (is it like a rock or egg?)

Its hair and a necklace. The bump is from my digging tool I think :(
The property has been occupied by one building or another since the 1700's that I know of, and the land records go back to the 1600's. Great place. I imagine that this is early 1900's or 1800's.

Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

nice finds ....looking forward to seeing more from the 3D....JO

Sweet Finds. Does the Lady have a hole in the top? Like it might have been worn as a necklace?

Keep it up
Deadshot

Great finds, WTG!!!
Tha lady looks like it might be the top piece to a two piece button, just a guess...
Or, maybe somekind of broach, as you said, with the backing gone...
CZ-3D rules... ;D Good luck on the ID & Happy hunting~

Star,

I have had a fisher 1266x and I have a 1270x and use a cz-6a. They all are good for different things. I was hoping to ask you what you thought of the cz-3d and how it worked as far as with iron and ground and truly having a good meter/tone id. What are your thoughts about your machine. Where do you hunt and what is the soil like? Do you did a bunch of deep iron that sounds good until you start digging?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Arch

archmjr said:
Star,

I have had a fisher 1266x and I have a 1270x and use a cz-6a.? They all are good for different things.? I was hoping to ask you what you thought of the cz-3d and how it worked as far as with iron and ground and truly having a good meter/tone id.? What are your thoughts about your machine.? Where do you hunt and what is the soil like?? Do you did a bunch of deep iron that sounds good until you start digging?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Arch
the soil here is mineralized. I am right next to the coast so my old bounty hunter that I used for years would have a hard time. My VW bus broke down the other day and it was in the back so I busted it out while waiting for a tow. I didn't realize how basic it was until I had it out again! The only thing about the cz-3d that I don't like is that deep or odd shaped iron will occasionally sound like silver. But I am new to such an advanced machine and am learning its langauge. The indian at about 7-8 inches sounded pinged high with with a low iron sound occasionally. It didn't seem sure but a slow sweep held a high tone. This site had trash up to about three inches so anything over four I would dig. It is a very stable machine, tears up the beach in the salt mode, and as long as it is balanced properly it is incredibly stable. It was frustrating at first as it would ping ping ping ping, those disappearing pings, but I hadn't figured out how to balance it yet. I have learned to take it slow. I never crank up the discrimination as it is sometimes fooled by heavily corroded iron, and if you listen it will bounce between a silver and iron reading. This is always trash within a reasonable depth. A solid sure tone is rarely incorrect. Deep targets I will dig no matter what it is as long as it is not reading dead on iron. There has been mixed response from the community on this machine from what I have read, maybe it is harder to use compared to some of the white's or garrett's. This is my first professional machine so maybe it is like falling in love for the first time. 3d with some practice will be my first language, and maybe I would find another brand difficult after some time.....just some thoughts....I like the 3d.

Hey SS76...Cool finds! Go easy with that probe though. I'm gonna stick my neck out here and guess that that's a button cover from the 20's. No basis for that opinion, just a guess. ;D Keep up the good huntin'! ~CO2

You summed that up pretty good Star,,, just one thing to add, you might want to check them disappearing signals.
Sometimes a silver dime will disappear after you have disturb the halo. When I get a target that does that I always dig a little deeper and wider, sometimes it is just a nail, but I have found several pieces of silver by doing this...

Nice finds indeed!! WTG!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back