HUNTED A BALLFIELD TODAY

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i checked out a local ballfield earlier today and found my first two wheaties!! a 57 and a 58. also found $1.12 in clad. it may not be much but i was real happy to find the wheat pennies. the field is on church property that has two buildings on it. one built in the early 70s and one lt in the 1880s. there also was an older church building in the immediate area that dated back to the early 1800s but i have no idea where it stood. i only searched the ballfield because i didnt have permission to dig around the old building. the good news is that it shouldnt be too hard to get permission since my family have been members of the church for years.hopefully where there is wheat there will also be some silver?! ;D

Upvote 0
Great finds and Good Luck getting permission to hunt that church! We look forward to some spectacular finds! POST PICS! ;D HH omnicognic!

WTG on your first wheat cents.The possibility of much older coin finds are definitly there.
A little research on the location of that early 1800's church could really pay off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back