Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a 40 year old scout camp 10 days ago. Hunted for 3 hours and found 73 coins all clad. Hunted again a second day a week ago, for 6 hours and found 112 coins all but 1 clad. But the one was a 1943P war nickel, my second one this year. On this day I found a lost coin for a boy , a 10 pence English coin, and returned it to him. That made my day. I only hunted about 1/25 th of the camp. The soil was sandy. Some coins were on top just under the pine needles. A whites bullseye and a sand scoop made easy retrieving. I plan on returned to the site in the fall.

Attachments

• Scout camp 73 B low.jpg
    Scout camp 73 B low.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 443
  • Scout camp 112 A low 1.jpg
    Scout camp 112 A low 1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Scout camp best 1943P low.jpg
    Scout camp best 1943P low.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
Looks like a good day to me! Was thinking-could they have moved the barracks over the years? Seem like should have been just a little more silver than the '43.

Great finds EC! I know you won't forget about that place!

;)

Nice, those camps are great places to detect. I haven't even covered 1/5 of the camp I volunteer at and I can't seem to stop finding coins. Keep looking!

Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

That is a lot of coins Ecdonavan.Try setting the disc for silver only you might bypass a lot of the newer coins and hit some of the older deeper ones. just a thought. Great finds in any case and a great site. HH.

Thats a fair amount of clad,id be glad.HAHA WTG!! HH

Follow up.

The camp is still open. I first went as a scout in 1972. Camped there about 15 times as a kid and about 20 times as an adult. I know the camp layout like the back of my hand. I really want to hunt the parking lot and the area where the scouts gather every day at camp for flag raising and retreat. Another area is the camp fire area, usually one camp fire attended by everyone per event. I will post more when I go again.

Ed Donovan

Asst. Scout Master, Eagle Scout, Detector Enthusiast.

excellent totals!wtg.not old enough to have consistent silver but i bet there is some waiting for you.

peace,bigrig

Don't give up on that site......after you clear those clads the older stuff will follow..............my backyard is a prime example of this......I don't know how many times I've been over my yard, but it still produces......just now starting to hit the good stuff after a year of digging....... latest finds were a first year silver Rosie (1946), a 1937 Buffalo Nickel :-\ (not 3 legged) and just tonight a 1909 Wheat (no S - no VDB) :'( but still a first year wheat.... :D Keep digging those clads............. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back