Hunt with my Daughter....

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my little girl today cause she had been wanting to go.. I took her to the spot where I filmed the CTX hunt last week. First target was a 1946D wheat cent.
LfEL6.jpg

she sees wheat cents as much as regular pennies cause they are all over the house.. she even commented "that one ain't even older than Grandma"...lol I had to laugh at that one.
She ended up going down a few doors to her friends house.. She wasn't even out of sight when the next target showed...
6XR6l.jpg

gOQeq.jpg

A few minutes later on a return pass.. whammo!
0PZL8.jpg

wTAS0.jpg

1909 Barber Quarter
pek5W.jpg

I was stoked.. I didn't find anymore old coins but managed a tax token, some clad and a Woodmen of the World pin from 1965..
37C0r.jpg

mUofd.jpg

Hope you enjoy and thanks for the look..
Evan
Gonehunting for History..

Upvote 3
Cool finds, She maybe ya good luck charm for Md'ing.....Might ortta take her more often!...............HH

Awesome,my son loves to go out with me, he got a great big smile the 1st. time we found a penny
we were hooked after that. Congrats on the score:thumbsup:

thanks everyone.. I hope she goes a lot more..

fantastic hunt with family Evan, give her a shot at hunting a tot lot, easy diggings and alot of kids pendants and goodies to fill up her treasure trove

Evan, that's awesome bud! Cherish every moment of these times. My daughter hunted regularly with me from the time she was 9 'till she went off to college. Now my 14 year old son goes with me.

Hunts like these make it all worth while. Thanks for sharing it with us. Like that merc,barber and the woodsman of the world !!
HH

I took her and my 2 year old in behind the house.. we have an old home site that I hunted when I first started.. I learned a lot about detecting on that spot.. we found a lot of the blackpowder shotgun brass, (new club, western, etc) but we found the first coin I have seen in a long time comeup.. an 1896 Indian Head.. He didn't care much other than saying thankyou and trying to put it into his pocket.. she on the other hand was really excited.. she jumped around there for 10 mins.. "wooohoo we found a Chief coin!!" I just laughed... wouldn't trade that for the world...
YMj8G.jpg

SWEEEEEET! Congrats again, were going out to priv. land on Sat. was told it was an old dump:dontknow:
what were going to find, think I'll let him do the detecting:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back