Howdy from Texas

Bergheimhunter

May 8, 2014
Bergheim , TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there. My name is Amber and I live in the Texas Hill Country. I have been hunting for "treasure" for as long as I can remember. I love antiques and history. I enjoy shopping at thrift stores and garage sales. I honestly don't think most of my acquaintances would ever know that I purchase about 85% of my clothing and about 95% of my household decor second hand.

I have also always wanted to find an arrow head. I live on twelve acres not too far from the Guadalupe River. I have what may be an Indian "trail marker" tree and even a possible mound on my property. My son has found arrow heads, but I have not!

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts and discussions and look forward to treasure talking with you all!

Welcome from San Antonio. There are indian artifacts everywhere around you. Up on 46, before you get to the state park is the old Kleck Ranch. It might have changed hands by now. 300+ acres and in the far back pasture is the grave of a little girl. Parents were settlers in the mid 1899's and were burying the child when the Comanches moved through. They stopped and the Indian women comforted the grieving mother and the tribe then left peacefully. Every spring after that for many years, the women of the tribe would pick wildflowers and leave them at the little girl's grave. I heard that story at the age of 12 from Edgar Kleck who got it from the original owners grandson. Lots of stuff on that ranch and all along the Guadalupe. Just keep looking and good hunting to you.

Welcome, Amber. My wife and I also get most of our things from thrift stores, flea markets, auctions, garage sales.
Our home is big-time eclectic-especially with all the relics on display that I've found. hope to see yourposts!

metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back