How to determine if WWs bayonets and pins are authentic or replicas?

KTMay

Apr 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam meeting with someone looking to sell their WW2 things, and they said they're not egen sure what they are.. just that its all from WW2.
Im hoping to gain some insight, so when I go to meet with them. This is a gift for my mom who is very interested in this era, so I have no idea what to look for.

Any ideas?

My friend that is a very wide topic requiring personal study of genuine vs. fake articles. It is not something that can be told to you in a blog.
You will have to take photos of the articles and do research. Hey what I do know is if it says WW1 on it it is fake! :)
Have to be more specific.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Was there that many bayonets in WW2? I apologize for my many typos, I didn't realize. .
Its WW2 apparently and its a bayonet. . Do I look for a stamp? She sais there are also pins, but I can see that being harder to identify without la picture

Upvote 0
Logos, patina, and quality of the workmanship are all keys to telling if it's genuine WW2 or a modern replica. Usually that takes a bit of experience from having looked at lots of both. Try to post some photos here first, before you buy, if possible.

Upvote 0
Was there that many bayonets in WW2? I apologize for my many typos, I didn't realize. .
Its WW2 apparently and its a bayonet. . Do I look for a stamp? She sais there are also pins, but I can see that being harder to identify without la picture
Yes multiples from every country involved in the war

Upvote 0
Post some photos here and I'm sure we can ID everything for you. I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to WW2 insignia and equipment as are many others here.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back