How old is this chain?

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today in a "sweet spot" area.. found lots of things in this particular area.. It appears hand made, because theres no seam marks, so im guessing it had to be hand bent while it was still hot... so whats its age? dime for size refrence..

IMG_20151022_192441_208.jpgIMG_20151022_192513_424.jpg

Looks like the kind of chain I'd tie up my dog Butch with in the mid 1960's when I was a kid in Chicago. Being it's not very rusted I would say it isn't much older the maybe 20 to 30 years. Looks machine made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like the kind of chain I'd tie up my dog Butch with in the mid 1960's when I was a kid in Chicago. Being it's not very rusted I would say it isn't much older the maybe 20 to 30 years. Looks machine made.

well its not gonna rust lol.. its like brass i think... the reddish looking oxide on it in the pics, isnt rust btw.. just appears that way in the pic.

Upvote 0
THOUGHT MAYBE PART TO A SURVEYORS CHAIN ??????????????????????

Upvote 0
It appears to be silver plated brass, i took a knife and scraped on it... in the middle of the scraping you can see a brass colored metal, then on the edges of it (the top layer) is silver

Upvote 0
Hey yo yo yo yo Andrew, this is a silver plated chain, lol, found at a BSOA WW2 camp site:

CAM00036-1.jpg

CAM00037-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back