How often does anyone remember one of these dug up in a woods ?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about loud copper signals !!!! i was using my S-12 and holy molly my head phone,s screamed i said what the heck ? i was woods hunting for a while not much this time until this !! i think it is a French horn copper, in side the front it say,s made in India it was only about 5 or 6 inches deep i had to cut roots that grew over it when i pulled it out finally i started laughing never have i seen something like that dug ever !! lmao iam going to try and clean it up i took a few photo,s enjoy and dont laugh to hard lol . Jim 100_1802.jpg100_1803.jpg

Upvote 1
Wall hanger!! Very cool.

Very unique find! I agree, cleaned up it would make a nice wall-hanger.

Is that one of those fancy urinals from the big city? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:- All joking a side, That is a really cool find! How old?

Brass fox hunting horn I think, I will ask Jeeves as soon as I get home.

I too, believe it is a fox hunting horn, not sure....but it sure is a nice conversation starter. Nice find man.

Now that is cool!!!
Bunker

Definitly, not something you'd expect to find !! Congrats !!!!!

Wow!! Unbelievable find. Makes ya wonder how it got there. Awesome piece.

I wonder where I dropped my fox horn. Kinda hard to start the hunt with out it! haha Very cool recovery.!!

Nice!...That's a very cool find. I'm wonder how long it's been in that location?

Thanks all for letting me know exactly what that is we do have fox here Red Fox ive seen a few during hunts in woods and fields i do not think that horn is real old but it,s been in the ground awhile and being the British love fox hunting who knows ? i will try to clean it up as a few said that will look good hanging in my den . You just never know what will pop up , imagine that a hunting horn being found during a metal detector hunt lol Jim HH

That's really cool. Once you clean it up you should find a makers mark on it most likely on the bell end that could help date it. Now you need to keep it with you and blow the horn before you start your next hunt.

I found a video with the fox hunting horn,s although mine is not as big same design and idea i cant wait to clean it and give it a try lol our next field hunt ill blow the horn to start Tally Ho and Hunting we will go . .:laughing7: Jim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back