How NOT to make Topaz BLUE..Ooops!

C

Cappy Z.

Yes I did.

I bought a handful of average clear-white TOPAZ and after tumbling a few weeks...said,

"Self. Why not try to make these BLUE TOPAZ"

I spread them out on the bottom of the wife's OVEN and then locked them up under CLEAN.

Hey..I'm going to make MONEY.

Ping, PING, ping, PiNg. pInG, PING PING POP POP POP

POPCORN TOPAZ..The little jewels heated up alright!

No baby, the song was wrong. The oven don't make the Brown Topaz...Blue...

Attachments

• GemExplosion1.jpg
    GemExplosion1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 538
...and so I remedied the situation by buying a spectacular cushion cut natural True Blue Topaz...

Attachments

• OvenTopaz007.jpg.jpg
    OvenTopaz007.jpg.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0
You can tell me. I won't tell a soul. Am I the only person who has ever put something other than food in an oven..on clean.. to see what would happen?

Upvote 0
BillyBudd007 said:
Am I the only person who has ever put something other than food in an oven..on clean..

Well; years ago I was having a house full for thanksgiving. So I bought 2 turkeys. Figured I cook one slow over night, and do up the other in the morning. Sounds like a plan, eh?
welllllllllll..................I inadvertantly set the oven to clean. That sucker locked all up and I could not get it open until the 4 hour clean cycle finished........
As it turned out I only needed 1 bird for dinner. But there were no leftovers that year. No turkey sandwiches; just gravy and stuffing.

Nice blue topaz there...............lol...........you should make it a contest prize ::) :laughing9:

Upvote 0
Thanks Ashleen. Great story. I mean great.

My first wife cooked the bird. My Dad and his new wife came over for T-day. My Dad was a WWII Normandy invasion vet who landed on the beach under heavy enemy gunfire...

He was using an electric knife to cut the turkey...after a few seconds the blade started spitting out chunks of paper...My dad said, "What the F.."

And my first wife ran to the bedroom and never came out.

The rest of us avoided the shredded paper that had been used to wrap the gizzards?
lol

Upvote 0
BillyBudd007 said:
The rest of us avoided the shredded paper that had been used to wrap the gizzards?

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww! Did the meat suck up the flavor of the guts? I ALWAYS $hitcan them. NO cat I've EVER had would eat them :dontknow: :dontknow:

I did however, have a cat that liked campbell's chicken noodle soup......the noodles ONLY, he never ate the chicken :dontknow:

Upvote 0
Ashleen said:
BillyBudd007 said:

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww! Did the meat suck up the flavor of the guts? I ALWAYS $hitcan them. NO cat I've EVER had would eat them :dontknow: :dontknow:

I did however, have a cat that liked campbell's chicken noodle soup......the noodles ONLY, he never ate the chicken :dontknow:
My indoor black cat liked mashed potatoes and corn. Wouldnt eat chicken.

I had another kinda stray white cat that ate chicken bones. I mean he crunched them up and ate them completely. He was my garbage disposal.
One day my Mom was over and she said Whitey ate a squirrell. I said what? She said he was outside munching on a squirrel all day. I went out and looked but could find only the tail and four little paws. He ate the entire squirrel, bones and all! The cat never got indigestion that I know.

Upvote 0
Off topic, but so what. I once was in the middle of a divorce and living in a shack in the middle of the woods while my attorney was skiing in Vale Colorado. It was mid winter and I let this black cat in for a few days during a snow storm. I named him Edmund and gave him milk. One day after I let him out he disappeared. I liked that cat.

Upvote 0
I have another cat story.

I woke up in the morning, opened my fridge to get milk for my fruit loops, and out plopped our cat onto the floor. It appears she was stuck in the dark refridgerator all night. Apparently when my wife came home from work the night before the cat jumped inside.

The cat was fine, just a little cold (almost frozen)and listless.. She had been chewing and clawing on paper items inside in an attempt to dig her way out but must have given up at some point.

Word of warning. Be careful your cat doesnt jump in the fridge. Good thing it wasnt the oven.

Upvote 0
Word of warning. Be careful your cat doesnt jump in the fridge(BigCypressHunter)

Be careful your cat doesnt jump in the fridge....

All TNers: This is an APB and BOLO....be on the lookout.....

:wink:

Upvote 0
Actually, topaz is made blue through irradiation first, (which turns it brown) and then heated to achieve the blue. That London blue stone is beautiful, where do you buy your stones?

Upvote 0
Rasputin said:
Actually, topaz is made blue through irradiation first, (which turns it brown) and then heating to achieve the blue. That London blue stone is beautiful, where do you buy your stones?

Well known long standing online stores that have reputations. Why don't you bid a dollar on the fat one I've posted?

Upvote 0
Well known long standing online stores that have reputations. Why don't you bid a dollar on the fat one I've posted?
[/quote] Thanks, but it's way up to 25.00. L.O.L. Just kidding; actually I have a fifty-one carat topaz that same color. But when you sell that D-block tanzanite for a dollar--then I'm your man!

Upvote 0
Off topic but a wonderful cat story.

My wife and I had this tabby that loved to come into the bathroom and talk to us while we were getting ready for work each morning. One morning she comes running into the bathroom as normal and jumps up on the toilet just like she always does. In my wonderful male bonding way I had left the toilet seat up. Splash, wet cat. She wouldn't look at me for 3 days and never ever ran into the bathroom again.

Upvote 0
Very......sorry for bad.......photo....but I was fooling around with some of my Topaz that I cooked in the oven...
This one when I shone a pen light on it...became rainbow-like! I can't believe it! The heat from the oven changed the structure of the rock!

Here's the pic....very blurry..but remember..the stone is as clear as glass..no inclusions...only when the light is placed at a certain angle does 'suddenly' color appear!

Attachments

• Magic.jpg 007.jpg
    Magic.jpg 007.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back