Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vallecito Creek kayaking videos

Take a look at any of the kayaking videos at the link above. This is Vallecito Creek, above Vallecito, CO. I don't know about you, but I can identify all kinds of areas of interest in these video, that I will definitely be looking at first hand next summer. I also want to go up when the spring runoff is going on so I can video the situation. I found these videos while doing research for prospecting in the area, and was annoyed at all these kayak videos cluttering up my search response windows. That is, until I started looking closer at the canyon walls and banks. I see crevices, veins, holes, and all kinds of places where gold might be deposited as the high velocity water shoots down this gorge each spring. ANd it drains a HUGE area of watershed. This is the area I am designing my remote video nuggetsniper for (see other thread), so I can look for natural gold collecting ripples and cracks/crevices down deep.

Upvote 0
I have trouble watching hunting and fishing shows because every time they are in the mountains I am looking for gold sign. I have seen some incredible looking spots on some of those shows.

Hmmm, it just occured to me if you could build a camera into the end of your paddle, you could snipe for nuggets underwater as you came down the chute. Of course, the camera would have to be completely contained within the end of the paddle, and you would need a head mounted display. Run a fall, turn, and inspect around the hole, then move to next fall. Kayak sniping????

Last edited:
I guess I will have to patent the "sniping roll" manuever now, where you see a nugget with your "paddle cam" and then roll upside down in the water to snag it off the bottom, before rolling back upright...

Or how about cameras attached to the bottom of the Kayak with wide angles that make 360 degrees and then have a remote in your jacket for zooming in and out and the display built into your helmet. Now THAT'S some serious sniping equipment lol

The "sniping roll" haha nice UncleMatt

So true!

I used a couple kayaking video to figure out if I could just float down the higher parts of lower clear creek and that is a big NO!
Who knew there were Class 5 rapids on lower clear creek?!

I would love to snipe those holes if they ever shut the water off at Whiskeytown though. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back