How do I check a claim

Fiery Creations

Greenie
Jul 29, 2024
I found these right off the road between claimed areas. The long section of area I want to go on further down shows claims on the diggings, but no fees have been paid in four years. Iā€™m on mrls but canā€™t see how to check claim status. Is there a definitive way to make sure the claim is invalid? Both to go further and prospect and possibly
Claim it myself.

Attachments

• IMG_0782.jpeg
    IMG_0782.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
Upvote 5
It appears that you are VERY observant ! Good Luck & congratulations on your find and I hope you get your claim ! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:
Very strange. I spent a day downstream and did not find the slightest trace of gold despite tons of bedrock with some good cracks. Canā€™t figure out whether the river moves too fast or anything to get trapped, or if it was dredged out completely many years ago, and simply does not replenish

Last edited:
I mine 2 rivers up here in Washington state and specialize on mining what the old timers missed, and it is the high benches. I find the ancient deposits the river once flowed through and that is anywhere from 10ft. to 400ft. above the current river level. Remember the old timers mined the easy deposits and there is still a lot they missed, good luck

I mine 2 rivers up here in Washington state and specialize on mining what the old timers missed, and it is the high benches. I find the ancient deposits the river once flowed through and that is anywhere from 10ft. to 400ft. above the current river level. Remember the old timers mined the easy deposits and there is still a lot they missed, good luck
Good to know thanks. Iā€™m not set up to do that. Iā€™m just sniping deeper bedrock that most canā€™t get to. Iā€™m just baffled at finding no gold out where I did.

I assume dredges small enough to hike back here couldnā€™t suck pieces out deep in crevices that are wedged in so I donā€™t get it.

On topic- I can pull up the map on mlrs and click info on the plots but I canā€™t figure out how to find the actual up to date status of the claim. What am I doing wrong?

Good to know thanks. Iā€™m not set up to do that. Iā€™m just sniping deeper bedrock that most canā€™t get to. Iā€™m just baffled at finding no gold out where I did.

I assume dredges small enough to hike back here couldnā€™t suck pieces out deep in crevices that are wedged in so I donā€™t get it.

On topic- I can pull up the map on mlrs and click info on the plots but I canā€™t figure out how to find the actual up to date status of the claim. What am I doing wrong?
The old timers got the easy gold also go on Land Matters and search the status of the area. So many gold bearing rivers have higher benches that contain gold from ancient flows. Experience through years after testing and mining will you find the answers, there no easy way to answer your questions. Also, never focus on one type of mining, to be successful explore all other methods, good luck

Very strange. I spent a day downstream and did not find the slightest trace of gold despite tons of bedrock with some good cracks. Canā€™t figure out whether the river moves too fast or anything to get trapped, or if it was dredged out completely many years ago, and simply does not replenish
Send a pic of the area, so we can better Analize it.

Buddy showed me how to do it. I was missing the legend and filter buttons. Weird.. There were a bunch of new claim signs at the access point so we avoided it. Turns out BLM has no record of their "claim."

This whole thing is weird to be. I do a ton of hiking and exploring. The entire mountain range I explore back in my home state is completely claimed up. Isn't it required to find minerals to file a claim? There's no way this people found hard rock gold on all these spots... It feels like people just file meaningless claims to "own" potential minerals...even in areas they haven't been discovered. Here it's required for claims to be marked and out of the hundreds of active claims in this area almost none have signing or corner markers. I don't understand this whole things....

Post your state of interest, California does not require corner posts for claims, GPS coordinates are accepted, your assumption that the experienced people, meaning old timers could not have knowledge to find hard rock gold or any other type of gold deposit is so ignorant, apparently you have never read any history books on the area you are interested in. Geology is number 1 in analyzing the area you hike in, there is a reason why we the experienced hold claims and it's not for meaningless reasons. I also see you are new to this, I'm not and I have over 30 years and 10,000 hours mining experience but I was ounce like you. Put aside your Newby assumptions and reach out to us old timers, we will teach you as I was taught by the really old timers I met. Knowledge in the area of mining is earned through research, boots on the ground, testing and more testing and most importantly you must do your due diligence, meaning you must make sure you never mine on someone's claim. In time you might have your own claim but until then please respect us who own claims and our experience that we used to get them. P.S. people steal and destroy claim markers and that is why you are required to do your due diligence for if caught mining on a claim you will be in big trouble.

Post your state of interest, California does not require corner posts for claims, GPS coordinates are accepted, your assumption that the experienced people, meaning old timers could not have knowledge to find hard rock gold or any other type of gold deposit is so ignorant, apparently you have never read any history books on the area you are interested in. Geology is number 1 in analyzing the area you hike in, there is a reason why we the experienced hold claims and it's not for meaningless reasons. I also see you are new to this, I'm not and I have over 30 years and 10,000 hours mining experience but I was ounce like you. Put aside your Newby assumptions and reach out to us old timers, we will teach you as I was taught by the really old timers I met. Knowledge in the area of mining is earned through research, boots on the ground, testing and more testing and most importantly you must do your due diligence, meaning you must make sure you never mine on someone's claim. In time you might have your own claim but until then please respect us who own claims and our experience that we used to get them. P.S. people steal and destroy claim markers and that is why you are required to do your due diligence for if caught mining on a claim you will be in big trouble.
lol what.

Talk about making assumptions šŸ˜‚

lol what.

Talk about making assumptions šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s not really assumptions. This has all happened before here. you admit you donā€™t know anything about claims yet you make assumptions. The Diggings website which is as I stated is a poor source of information as they havenā€™t updated BLM information in many years, the only website that is worth a grain of salt in this area is Clay Diggins My Land Matters website. Weā€™ve all had issues with armchair prospectors top filing our claims. Itā€™s a real pain in the ass. You ask for help but do not give basic information like the state. Every state has different rules concerning marking a claim and even if you donā€™t immediately see a claim marker wandering around doesnā€™t mean there isnā€™t one there. I havenā€™t been doing this as long as ET but I have seen a lot in my 24 years of the fever. Due diligence. Do actual research, physically go to a BLM field office they will sell you a 2ā€ thick book on the subject matter. Read that and if you are still confused come back with some real questions. You are making assumptions, especially those about hard rock deposits. Have you heard of core drilling?

Itā€™s not really assumptions. This has all happened before here. you admit you donā€™t know anything about claims yet you make assumptions. The Diggings website which is as I stated is a poor source of information as they havenā€™t updated BLM information in many years, the only website that is worth a grain of salt in this area is Clay Diggins My Land Matters website. Weā€™ve all had issues with armchair prospectors top filing our claims. Itā€™s a real pain in the ass. You ask for help but do not give basic information like the state. Every state has different rules concerning marking a claim and even if you donā€™t immediately see a claim marker wandering around doesnā€™t mean there isnā€™t one there. I havenā€™t been doing this as long as ET but I have seen a lot in my 24 years of the fever. Due diligence. Do actual research, physically go to a BLM field office they will sell you a 2ā€ thick book on the subject matter. Read that and if you are still confused come back with some real questions. You are making assumptions, especially those about hard rock deposits. Have you heard of core drilling?
Well Said.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back