How about this odd medalian thing

BRATTSO

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any ideas
thank you :icon_scratch: Picture 259.jpgPicture 260.jpgPicture 261.jpgPicture 261.jpgPicture 262.jpgPicture 263.jpgPicture 265.jpgPicture 264.jpg

Looks like a modern piece bought a Renaissance Fairs that dot the US . A Jester and a musician ... sounds like a party to me !But seriously , it just doesn't appear to be that old or of a subject matter that would have been used from the period that it's made to resemble pieces from . IMHO , Woodstock

Upvote 0
One figure looks like a male Hawaiian fire dancer making the "figure eight" with his torches and the other looks like a female Hawaiian playing a guitar or stringed instrument. Or, I am half the world and several centuries wrong! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Attachments

• hawiian helmet.jpg
    hawiian helmet.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Thank you all
I found it in my backyard. I live in a victoriam in petaluma that used to be a brothal lol It was built in 1856

Upvote 0
Being that the area has quite a storied past with the Gold Rush having been so close to your area and San Francisco not that far away it could have come from to many places to probably get an accurate I.D. on it. It is a very cool item though.

Upvote 0
Thank you Back Of the Boat I think it is I am going to list a bunch of stuff to identify I have being out in barns looking for old stuff

Upvote 0
Thank you all
I found it in my backyard. I live in a victoriam in petaluma that used to be a brothal lol It was built in 1856
Judging by condition, it wasn't buried very long or has it been cleaned and buffed?

Upvote 0
The one side looks like a guy playing a guitar but I am clueless what the one guy is doing with two ovals... ???

Upvote 0
Both images are Medieval or Renaissance entertainers . The two ovals are met to be the motions a Jester makes when juggling , he has curled tip shoes and hat and this were popular clothes in the Renaissance and Medieval times . And the guy with the instrument that looks like a mandolin thats popular and commonly used in the Renaissance/Medieval times as he was known then as a Minstrel that sang songs and played music and he is also wearing clothes that resemble clothing made then as well .
This is a modern piece sold at Renaissance Fairs from California to New York . You can even hammer your very own coin at most of them . That explains why it looks as new as it is . And it also explains the images ... IMHO , Woodstockimages (2).jpgimages (3).jpgimages (5).jpgimages (4).jpg

Upvote 0
That is one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. I found a medallion with Gandalf the wizard on it, but another kind TNETer told me it was Saint Christopher.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back