How about that snow, could use a new detector to study.

Mangler

Feb 28, 2014
Peshtigo, WI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, BH Quick Draw 2, Vulcan 360, Modified Fiskars Big Grip Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to this online detecting thing. I have had my B.H. for 4 years now. Since it's been cold and frozen, I have been doing a lot of reading. I live in Wisconsin, and don't think it will thaw out until July. I have a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. I don't think I am getting the depth I would like. I live in Peshtigo where the big fire was of 1871. I have checked out many new machines out there on the market. I can't say that I have tried them first hand. I like the looks and functions of the Teknetics Omega, but all the videos show it to be a real talker even when nothings going on. The Fisher F5 looks like a good buy with the double D, and looks like a keeper. I also have been looking at the AT Pro. The only thing that bothers me about the AT Pro are the Circus guys that use them on T.V. I know you don't always get the best readings, but what would be the best between the three or are there others that fall in that field. Every one has there favorite weather it works or it is what they bought. I like to have the display and discrimination of different metals option. 6" to 10" in depth, that's without the 18" of settled snow I have on the ground. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm pretty open minded at this point and a little over whelmed. The detectors I listed would fall into a Mid. range detector correct? :BangHead:

Last edited:
It really depends on what you want it for,whether you want waterproof and price.

Waterproof is cool and all, but I would like a little more consistency. The only reason I bring up consistency is because I see some detectors bounce all over and it's only a penny in the hole. I run in open fields, kiddie lots and friends yards that live in town. I have 5 acres of land on the edge of town that might have some tasty morsels that have never been found. At least that's what everyone hopes for. I'm not looking to get rich, but give my self something to do now that both kids are in college :(

I was told by a dealer that BH and fisher are made by the same company,so I would think unless you go more expensive ,it wouldn't be much different on depth or disc. I would by the AT gold for your area.

The only problem with the AT Gold, is that it only provides notching for the lower segments (basically iron). I think there would be more options on the AT Pro over the AT Gold. With the higher frequency, you lose some depth but can find smaller targets correct?

That's correct. I have the pro, I love it. If I had to do it again, I might buy the gold due to the true metal mode. I hunt relics so I did everything. I found only 1 item with gold in it. So I wonder sometimes if that frequency is better.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back