Hot Spot

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always heard of people hunting the beach and finding a "hot spot" where items tend to congregate. I didn't believe it and figured it was just dumb luck..........until tonight. I went to the beach at about 500 and was not finding much, so I decided to wander to a not as popular bathing area that I have been wondering about for awhile. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I figured. I walked about 1/4 mile and got a signal. Dug it, and continued to sweep close by. I just kept getting targets, so I just kept digging. The total area I dug in was about 50 feet long, by about 10 feet wide. I went below it and above it there was nothing. Interestingly enough, not one piece of jewelry, but the coins I pulled out were green, so they must have been there quite a while. Total for 2 hrs - 78 coins on a beach that right now, has just about no coins. 24 quarters, 22 dimes, nine nickels, and 23 pennies for a grand total of $8.88 (if I did my math right). That is a whopping $4.44/hr. Better than the $1/hr I usually average wink

Upvote 0
bump up to revise?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back