Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone
I purchased a used 3 inch dredge with low hours awhile back. It runs great.
The only problem I've found is that the previous owner stored it for long periods with the hoses all curled up. I figured they would loose their memory with use but no matter how much flexing I do or if I store them stretched out as much as possible they still retain the memory from being stored for so long.
Is there any way to get rid of this memory and make them flexible again or do I need to pony up and buy new hoses?
Other then the memory they are in great shape, seems like a waste to buy new ones.
Thanks in advance!

Sick,it may just be the type hose you have.I have some 3'' hose I got a couple of years ago that reacts the same as you describe.Also got some 3'' hose in a package deal that is very flexible and has no memory. Wes

never store suction hose rolled up.it needs to dry out/drain.i have alum "U" shaped hoops to store my hoses out of the way in my trailer. this allows them to maintain their shape and dry out without dryrotting them from the inside out! hope fully you could try rolling your hose out in your garage during non-use dureing the summer and the heat will try to correct this problem... this will only work if its a premium hose or something like that. cheap suction hose is worthless and will curl in cold water everytime!

Last edited:
Sounds like tiger flex hose as notarious for this. Get some bricks--cover with black plastic to prevent sun burn--Make the hose as straight as possible and retain in place with the bricks-rocks whatever. Leave it for a week or so and store in a straight line whenever possible,garage rafters rock as warm and no sun.... John

Thanks so much, ill give it a shot and see how it goes.
I know better then to store them curled up but the previous owner didn't know or didn't care.
Much appreciated!

Actually comes in rolls and extruded hot so memory ensues if not properly cooled also. That extra minute that kanaflex takes to cool their product makes a huge difference. A swivel nozzle will help you manage hose curl also-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back