Sword (3).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
  • Sword (7).JPG
    Sword (7).JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 107
  • Sword (11).JPG
    Sword (11).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 80
I think it's Civil War period or just before. That company made a lot of buttons also.

Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard borg2752! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved from HELP!! over to Forum: What Is It? for more exposure.

Upvote 0
I think it's Civil War period or just before. That company made a lot of buttons also.

Thanks for the quick response. I actually already know that it's circa 1840. I was hoping for some info on what the model was called, who would have used it, what it cost then, where to get a realistic value, where to sell it for a realistic price, and any interesting historical notes.

Upvote 0
It is a US Model of 1833 Dragoon saber Enlisted men's version I believe.... I looked a bit and being just a plain non engraved blade with no provenance to it's original owner, I found a couple similar in the 4-500 dollar range... but those were made by Ames, and I'm not sure if there will be a major price difference for a Horstmann blade..

It's definitely a nice sword though, I'd be happy with it

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back