Ozarks

Attachments

• eagle.JPG
    eagle.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 562
  • eagle back.JPG
    eagle back.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 557
Without looking any further I would guess the same for now, that is a beautiful relic!

Don

Upvote 0
Whoa Gyps! That is a fantastic find... :wink:

Bran <><

Upvote 0
Looks like a fancy harness buckle, all right. Compare it to this one (configuration, not central design) dating from the 1930's.

buckle1.JPG

Upvote 0
Beautiful piece! I'd say your ID is right on, three strap slots.
I have always loved anything with an Eagle on it.

Brian

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone, I just wish I could date it...I have looked under everything from harness to martingale and just cant find it. The area I am hunting has thrown out alot of 1850's items ....so I dont know.....I think its not that old because of the eagle style.....I cleaned it up with WD40 and it looks great

Upvote 0
I would agree with the style being a 1940's forward style, but who knows every artist has his "own style" ................

B

Upvote 0
Gypsy, Cool find!! My cousin found two buckles with three places for leather, within 20 feet of one another, but check this out; one was iron and the other brass! By the way, neither had a center design in them, but were somewhat ornate. Nothing at all as beautiful as yours!!! Great Find!!! Great hunting and good luck!! Regards, Richard.

Upvote 0
Just doesn't look that old. Maybe 30 years or so.

Something about the smooth curves of the eagle feathers and the not so dinged up and pitted appearance of the back.

Cool though.

Try researching police or military drill units like RCMP as far as their insignia/team equipment goes. It's not RCMP but something along those lines.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back