Hopefully this wont scare anyone...

The-Hangman

May 11, 2005
Hangtown, California
Hopefully this won't scare anyone...

Shot at summit of Black Mountain, an extinct volcano in California's Mojave desert, while researching the Goler Gulch Treasure.

Happy hunting everyone,

Hangman

Attachments

• me (560 x 348).jpg
    me (560 x 348).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,116
Re: Hopefully this won't scare anyone...

:coffee2: :thumbsup:

The-Hangman,
don't fall;

if you do, don't crush the hat. :wink: ;D

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Welcome aboard, looks like a nice place to be!

Welcome to Mugs nice looking photo! Bet that is beautiful place to be!

That's some downright inhospitable, rugged country, isn't it?

Hope you find that treasure!
rmptr

Great pic! Super view! loose rocks, forgetaboutit... ;D

naah, that's not an IROC, it's a vette, ZR1 right?? LOL

Great mug and incredible view! Welcome to Mugs!!

Attachments

• welcome03.gif
    welcome03.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 994

Welcome

Fossis..............

I think its a suped up hearse. ;D Welcome to Mugs, Hangman. That is sure some pretty country. Love being in the mountains. Good luck!

john

:wave: Hangman, great pic of ya :thumbsup: Beautiful view too :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Welcome10.jpg

Attachments

• Welcome10.jpg
    Welcome10.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 929

Hey guys I just wanted to say thank you all for the warm welcome... but the truth is I'm not a new member, just gettin' around to putting up a pic. :icon_scratch: Now let me say this. No I didn't find the treasure... I wound up in the wrong arroyo to be honest and ain't been back since. But Black Mountain is my personal "power spot" for catching all that good karma... if you get my drift. It is awesome there. I've hiked it 3 times and once watched as the 2 USAF fighters jets on routine training flew below us so that we could look down into the cockpit. I wasn't quick enough to get a pic but I've never forgot the sight.

By-the-by ur all wrong on the I-Roc. Yes its a Chevy, Its my BlaZeR2. (See below)

Happy trails to you all,
Hangman

Attachments

• Copy of My BlaZeR2 @ River.jpg
    Copy of My BlaZeR2 @ River.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 869

Nice photo Hangman! Goler Gulch...that sounds so familiar, I've done a lot of research on the area around there. That wouldn't by any chance be connected to Randsburg gold placers? Anyway, hope you find your treasure and lost placer mine. :icon_sunny:

Hangman,

Sounds like my neck of the woods if its near Randsburg. I go to Goler and Last Chance Canyon all the time. I live about 15 min from there. Good prospecting, although I only seem to find old bullets, tin cans and rusty barbed wire. Cork

I tried searching and found a lot of info about it on the Internet.

You can find the place...
By James E. Mulkey
"Goler Gulch, which is located on the north side of Garlock Road just east of the ghost town of Garlock, is a rather extensive area that has seen some rather rich placer strikes in the past. Benson Gulch is located on the south side of Garlock Road right across the street from Goler Gulch. The Lost Goler Mine is said to be located somewhere in the region."

http://www.sandrazor.com/folklore.php?linkID=139

Most of the sources seem to indicate that the original "super rich" find made by Goler was never relocated and is still out there to be rediscovered. :thumbsup:

Howdy Red and Cork,

Yes you're both correct, Goler Gulch is just east of GT Garlock. By all means go 4 it and my best wishes go with you to find this site. Goler was the man who found nugget gold at a spring in the vicinity of the gulch that now bears his namesake. Black Mtn. was not named as a clue but one clue was a large volcanic mountain due west of the site near a small creek.

The only volcano west of Goler is Black Mtn. There are several seasonal creek or small streams that run off the Mtn. to the east towards the Goler site. Black Mtn. as the crow fly's -- or in this case, as the Vulture fly's is about 7 miles west of the Goler site. I hope one day to hike Black Mtn. again. Its been years since I was there last, as I now live in the Sierras near Lake Tahoe. But hopefully you guys will be able to trace Goler's steps and find the spring filled with nugget gold!!!

Attachments

• Goler Site.jpg
    Goler Site.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 845

Hangman,

If you make it down this way, drop me a line. Its a very short drive from my place. Two people can cover more ground! Cork

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back