Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• image-3776336242.jpg
    image-3776336242.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
There isn't anything on the reverse and thanks for helping.

Upvote 0
Can you take a picture anyway? Seeing the shank can help, as well as seeing if it is a one, two or three piece button. Knowing where they were dug will help as well. Were they dug in Massachusetts?

Upvote 0
Sure but it will most likely be tomorrow.It possibly could have come from Massachusetts, he gets a lot of stuff from a friend there that digs all the time. He had a bunch of stuff he had put back and saved up to sort in the garage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does the back look like this? And you are sure there are no letters or marks, stars etc?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!hQF!coSHeWHBQSjJmNCkw~~60_1.JPG
    $(KGrHqJ,!hQF!coSHeWHBQSjJmNCkw~~60_1.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Yes,the back looks like that exactly and the front has that raised circular band all around the circumference of the button as well. If there were stars they are too thin to see but I know what you are talking about.

Edited to say search no more, he thinks that the area where it was found there was no battle going on and possibly it could have been a civilian coat button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cannot find a match-up for your MIDI button in any of the books on American Military buttons. So, my "best guess" is that it is a commercial business or organization or school button. For example, the final "I" in MIDI may stand for Institute. But I also cannot find a match-up for it among the historical Civilian ones at the waterburybutton.com online catalog of buttons made by that company (which started business as the Waterbury Button Co. in 1849). I should mention that I didn't check absolutely every category at the waterburybutton website, because it's too massive. If you've got a weekend with nothing more important to do, you might try it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably doesn't apply, but in French, the term "midi" means noon, or mid, middle, or in the case of Le Midi, the South of France.
Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Iron patch and tx mike, this forum never ceases to amaze me. It goes to show that even the smallest details can assist in the identification process. I am proud to be a part of the best I'D forum on the web! Great job fellas!

Upvote 0
Iron patch and tx mike, this forum never ceases to amaze me. It goes to show that even the smallest details can assist in the identification process. I am proud to be a part of the best I'D forum on the web! Great job fellas!

Would you believe I didn't have a clue what it was and found it in about 5 seconds. (totally serious) Well except for it looking like a French button but with the normal loop shank I wasn't sure. The tricks of the trade huh. :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ya'll are great! I would not have guessed a French button.Thanks for all the help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back