Hopalong Cassidy - SOLVED

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2007
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.

Attachments

• DSC01530.JPG
    DSC01530.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 462
  • DSC01531.JPG
    DSC01531.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 434
Re: Hopalong Cassidy

Tim:
The first significant Western to appear on network television was The Hopalong Cassidy Show, which began in 1949. It starred movie-cowboy legend William Boyd as Hopalong, a character he had played in sixty-six movies between 1935 and 1948.
http://www.tv.com/hopalong-cassidy/show/5910/summary.htm

The 1949-1951 Hopalong Cassidy series was so popular that Boyd filmed 52 new half-hour episodes for the 1952-1954 seasons.
http://www.bittorrent.com/users/ima...y_Enters/87b3c3e6-07e9-11dc-9973-00eaf3d23b03

Those Saturday afternoon cowboy matinees we watched for about 25 cents; sometimes a 'double feature' show--with the Newsreel, of course.
Don.......

Upvote 0

Yes he sure was a Popular cowboy star with his sidekick Gabby Hays. And yes his real name was William Boyd and the white horse was Topper. Early 50's from my failing memory.

Upvote 0

I new there was "Old Farts" here, that would get a kick out of this ;D ;D

Tim

Upvote 0

I use to drink with him ;D

Attachments

• hoppy-milk-breakfast.jpg
    hoppy-milk-breakfast.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 428
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My bedroom from 3rd to sixth grade was papered with Hopalong Cassidy wallpaper. It was him on his horse rearing up and swinging a rope over his head that spelled his name. I was the coolest kid on the block! M :D nty

Upvote 0
Monty said:
My bedroom from 3rd to sixth grade was papered with Hopalong Cassidy wallpaper. It was him on his horse rearing up and swinging a rope over his head that spelled his name. I was the coolest kid on the block! M :D nty

Kind of like this? Framed panels can fetch around $100-150 now.

hoppywallpaper.jpg

Upvote 0
Exactly like that, except I thought the horse was rearing. Probably not, that was a couple of years ago! My memory is as long as .....well you know. ;) Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back