Hookah question- what is the cheapest 12 volt model you know of?

Apr 1, 2008
I want straight 12 volt, not an inverter / 110 ac model.
I just want to go down 10' for about 2-3 hours at a time and I want to buy a complete, ready to use system, that I won't need to buy extra stuff for. This won't be used more than a few hours a month, so I don't need anything heavy duty. :-)
I have suit,fins and weight belt already.
Thanks!!

Upvote 0
You can check out http://www.airlinebyjsink.com/

I bought mine from Kneen Engineering and it has worked well for me for years. You can't really go to cheap on these things if you use gas and electirc ones depend on the size of the battery. I doubt if you will get 3 hours on one battery.

"It's important, however, to understand that the performance of a 12Volt compressor is directly related to its AMP draw. AMP is loosely defined as being the strength of electric current. The higher the AMPS, the stronger the current, therefore the stronger the power. Breathing at any level, even at the surface, requires both pressure and volume.

The problem is that at some point, it is impractical to supply the strength to accomplish the job due to battery sizes. Battery banks on large boats, or keeping the motor running will accommodate the AMP power needed for larger compressors. Gas or 110Volt/AC powered units start off with considerable "strength" and are, therefore, more able to overcome resistance within their given parameters."
Quote from the Airline site.

Attachments

• new12v-3.gif
    new12v-3.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 258
I bought the unit Sandman shows and was impressed by it's quality but have only used it twice in very shallow water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back