Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again ventured into the woods looking for a silver instead of the usual quota. After 45 minutes had not had a single signal worth digging. Did pass by about a dozen folks walking their dogs, a few crows, a few squirrels but no signals. Veered off a side path to another that sort of goes up an enbankment and the noise from the Pro's headphones just about blew me ears off!
So I dug with the lesche.....a silver.....yes.....then another.....then another.....um a merc. You get the picture!

A big hole that when all was said and done netted six silver and a 1948 nickel.

The little tin that Jim in the UK had given me came in use.
Man that was like work so I left to do something easier on the bones....came home and put three loads of laundry in and made the bed. Cleaned the finds off and must say the merc shone the brightest. Merc a 1942 with what looks like a "w" mint mark to the right of the date, quarter is a 1940 and the dimes 43,45,51 and 53.

Next outing I'm going back to normal and pursuing Mr. Quota! Nogo Sojo has sure attracted the silver since I got him.

Upvote 5
Hey Leslie, nice haul! How deep was that hole when you were finished?!

If there's a mintmark on your merc it'll be on the reverse--bottom left. Also, a '42 merc can be valuable if you were lucky enough to dig a '2 over 1' ('41 vs 42') variety.

Nice, 6 silver in one hole is a nice spill indeed. My best silver spill also had 6 coins. It don't happen too often.

Great find Les! My best spill has been a measly 2...several times. But once it was Spanish silver and once it was 1760s KGs so I ain't complaining lol. You've had some nice hunts lately bud . Keep it up

congrats on all that silver! The "W" you see on the merc is the last name of the coin's designer Adolph Weinman

Nice find, good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back