Hollowcast metal indian toy figurine

Stegner

Jan 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC, Whites Prizm 5
Really rewarding hunt today - spent the last several weeks looking at old map websites (links available here on T-Net) and discovered that in the middle of a nearby forest there was an old homestead- maps suggested the house was there until the mid-fifties - this was confirmed when I found some glass bottles with "1955" stamped on the bottom - but I also found some items I was able to date back to early 1900's, including Model T parts.

So.... the one piece I can't pin a date/place on is this very neat Indian hollowcast metal figurine. As you can see, some of the tan paint, with spots of red on headband and on chest, can still be seen, but no makers marks, dates, etc. My first guess would be that Indian toys were big in the 50's, but wanted to see if anyone here could be of help with a time period and possibly a maker?

Thanks!

Attachments

• indiantoyfront.jpg
    indiantoyfront.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 305
  • indiantoyback.jpg
    indiantoyback.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 278
I have the "Confident Collector" Toy Soldiers I.D. and price guide book by, Bertel Bruun. On page 109, on the lower right is a picture of your indian, yours is missing two feathers on the headband, and the base is also missing. He is listed as " North American Indians on foot" (8 pieces) he alone would be worth about $12.50 if complete. The whole set of 8 is worth $100.00. My book is the first edition copywrited in 1994 by Avon Books.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• wf13.jpg
    wf13.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 247
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Wow - fast and spot-on assessment - gotta love T-Net'ers.
Thanks guys - awesome help - consider this one solved.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back