Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 702944View attachment 702943View attachment 702942

I am a metal detector by trade. Every once in a while when I am bored I read about the CRH and see all the silver people find. I went to my bank today to make a deposit and I figure, "What the heck? Why not give it a try?" I ask the teller if she has any rolls of halves that people have brought it and she says, "No, but somebody recently brought in some rolls of dollar coins. Do you want those?" My dad is a coin collector so I buy 200 dollars worth, all that she has, figuring he will look through them the next time he comes to visit. I'm expecting some Sacagewas and president coins, maybe some Susan Bs. When I got home and start going through them I pull out 53 silver american eagles! All dated 1987. The rest was junk. You guys have the best hobby ever. I am a believer now.

I understand why your hand was shaking while taking the photos, but you can't just tease us with those photos. With such an epic score, we demand our silver p0rn. Awesome score. Congratulations.

Ok...you caught me. That didn't really happen. The truth is that I am tired of giving Christmas presents that people never use or like. This year I decided I'm handing out silver coins to people as investments and conversation pieces. I paid two dollars more a piece then regular silver rounds but they are so shiny I wanted to go with the wow factor. Hey, got all my Christmas shopping done in one shot. Happy Holidays everyone!

would this bee

Last edited:
Ok...you caught me. That didn't really happen. The truth is that I am tired of giving Christmas presents that people never use or like. This year I decided I'm handing out silver coins to people as investments and conversation pieces. I paid two dollars more a piece then regular silver rounds but they are so shiny I wanted to go with the wow factor. Hey, got all my Christmas shopping done in one shot. Happy Holidays everyone!

Nice. Maybe you should become a story teller by trade.

Big Fat

I'm with yah - I'm handing out eagles for Christmas.

DOn't worry.. I didn't believe you anyway... Have a good holiday..

Your for sure not the first to make up a story. Post pictures and what knot. What makes you different is you told the truth lol

Curious find indeed. Sir, I salute you for your incredible find. If only I could find old customer rolled coins. Some day... some day....

I got the day off and I'm gonna spend it thawing turkey and looking for customer rolls of ASEs. The odds are much better to find them because no one thinks to ask for them. I have accounts at 7 banks so I should probably find a few. I might even consider giving a few of my find as presents as well.

I've seen customer rolls made out of paper and tape. Denomination/Amount written on the side.

One of my pick up banks had someone bring in $750 in Saran Wrap/packing taped half dollar rolls. No writing on them. Searched the rolls and carried them some where else so no one else would have to deal with that headache.

This is exact proof that pictures don't do anything. You can post pictures and people will believe you hit a mega score, but it won't always be true. I could just buy 300 90% and post a pic and say it was in my box. Can anyone prove it wasn't in my box? NO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back