Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got off work early today and went back to a spot I hit Friday. Found a thimble, three coins, a beer token ,one minnie ball and one hammered minnie ball. Also the dug some Iron but I am starting to learn to listen to my detector . The coin that is the most readable is a 1924 German .10 piece that says "deutsches Reich. reichspffnnig " .Another one says "50 Brenmg ".1921. The largest coin has a mug of beer on one side and I can not make out the other side. The other coin is unreadable. The thimble is smashed flat like most dug ones are. I sorry the picture is so fuzzy I will be buying a new camera soon. Take care and good hunting.

Attachments

• march28finds1.JPG
    march28finds1.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
:) Nice work Birdman,I'm sure that feild holds more.Hit some beer tents for me,it's been a long time since I was across the pond and the beer state side is just not the same.HH

Beer here does flow freely here . I am finding some neat stuff but most of these coins are unreadable. I am trying the olive oil soak so I hope I can make out more later. There still fun to dig regardless. :)

Nice hunt, sounds like one of my hunts! Can you clearly see the 2 in the 1924? Looks like they just put a tail on a 9, I scratched my head on the first one I found, like what the heck? If you want, send me the name of the town you live in and I'll do a little research as I can read German and the website's references would mostly be in German. For some reason, I really like finding thimbles. Hope you fix that picture problem, are you using the macro mode? HH, Mike

The camera we have is five or six years old and still works well but close ups are always fuzzy. The village I live in is Sulzbactal and I have been hunting in Erlenbach. I would love to know the history of the area. I am about eight clicks from Wolfstein which has a nice castle but have not hunted there yet. I have heard the US army rolled right through the middle of Wolfstein in WW2.HH

I will have to try the magnifying glass. :)I do crop the picture down and thats as clear as I can seem to get them. Hopfully I will up grade my camera this weekend if I find a good deal somewhere.

Nice finds birdman, It is fun and no matter what you dig up the next hole will have that gold.LOL HH

Jarman , Make your own Beer. I just finished a Keg here and will be bottleing it in about two weeks.I make about 80- 20 OZ bottles at a clip. No preservatives and the smoothest taste around.

I tried home made beer once and it was pretty rough but the guy who made it said it was his first batch and I was the Guinea pig.lol

Makes me miss my 2 years in Mainz, Germany. Man, I sure detected a lot of places with that old white's. That country is filled like crazy with history. You cant swing a dead cat without hitting some museum, 500 year old church, or old battlefield of any imaginable time period. I wanna go back!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne, Im with you. I do plan to go back some day, its been 24 years that i was short and came state side.HISTORY, FINDS and BEER. Thats what i'm talking abought.

So Birdman,

What's the deal? Are there any regulations/restrictions on where and when you can hunt? Can you just go anywhere and start swingin' and diggin'? Do they mark some sites as off limits like an historical site or something?

Rod

PS: Cool stuff you found! Can't wait to see more!

Just like the states you need permission but you have the language barrier. There are alot of walking areas , parks and places that no one seems to know who it belongs to. The good thing about over here is you don't have to do tons of research because there is so much history that every where ) may be a good spot. I know in some places over here you have to have some type of permit but all the people I ask say they have no clue about hunting laws. Most germans don't know what a decktor is. I am very lucky to get a chance to live here and hopefully there will be good finds in the future. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back