HIT THE BIG ONE TODAY....YAY

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Decided to hit the local beach today. Went in the water about waist deep and found the normal stuff. Keys, Clad, etc... Then I got a solid tone which I dont get to excited because every once in awhile you will hit a peice of coal. But what do my eyes see in my scoop.. GOLD...And lots of it.. My heart dropped and I looked for a halmark. It said 14K Italy Sweet. But I have seen that on fake stuff before so I didnt get overly excited. But curiosity got me and I couldnt wait anymore so I left and stopped at Kingston Fine Jewlery and the lady takes it in the back. She comes out and puts it on the scale and offers me 521 dollars for it. I declined the offer and left very happy. I am still smiling from ear to ear. The weird part about it is it isnt even broken its perfectly in tack from clasp to the other end. The only other thing I found worth anything was a big silver hoop earing that says KAYLA on it.. O ya the chain wheighs 32.5 Grams of 14K

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,263
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,266
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,263
Upvote 0
Oh how I wish I lived by the beach! :hello2: Congrats!

Awesome chain brother.......I think the jeweler came in far to low though, wuddaya think? Congrats!!!

Don't it make your blood rush!!!!!!!!!!! At close on Fri. 14k on kitco was 20.60 a gram or $669.50 for 32.5 grams. Not bad for 1 scoop.

Les

Nice find. A lot bigger then the one I found today. Congs......Matt

I think the jeweler was pulling your chain

WOW!

What a find! Thats allot of gold to see at the bottom of your scoop and I know you'll never forget it! Great Chain!

Crackbadger

diggerfororo said:
Don't it make your blood rush!!!!!!!!!!! At close on Fri. 14k on kitco was 20.60 a gram or $669.50 for 32.5 grams. Not bad for 1 scoop.

Les
Yeah thats about what i've averaged on ebay in the last month too, some more some less.

Nice find their dude.

Great find, looking forward to my beach trip this August.

Alright! Thats a day maker!! Congrats!

That's a nice chunk of gold!! Way to go!! :icon_thumright:

Great find :thumbsup: i wouldn't sell it either i would wear it :laughing7: Good dig Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back