Hike along old railroad tracks civil war battlefield.Any RR people know what this is?

MrMarsHill

Jan 15, 2019
Mars Hill NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300, current main user.
Garret AT Propointer, current main user.
Garrett GTAX750, classic machine and I love it!
Bounty hunter tracker iv, missing knob bought used on eBay... Still find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I got a call from my mom this morning and she wanted to just go scout out a possible spot to hunt, near the battlefield I've been posting about lately. We found a bunch of trash, a 2lb BRASS handrail of some sort(not pictured), a 1970s stubby Lowenbrau beer bottle( I have a collection of stubbies, dont ask lol) a few old rail road spikes and this weird chunk of super heavy duty iron, I can only guess it has to be from the railroad. There is nothing near by that would use iron so heavy that I can imagine. This set of tracks is no longer in use, so it isnt recent but You can tell that by the shape it's in and how heavy duty it is! Its blowing my mind trying to think what it could be? Any railroad guys/hunters have a clue? There isnt much besides a train or the tracks this thing could have come off of. We found a very important spot we were looking for though today, related to the battle and very important to our hunt. That was the reason for the "scouting mission" lol. Let's just say I hope we have some higher level relics and volume coming soon, all evidence points to success but you never know until you dig a hole, lol. I got into contact with the guy who literally wrote the book on this battle and he has given me information that was relevant to my hunt, and was not published. Very cool guy, I look forward to meeting him one day soon. Either way, we are going back with metal detectors, magnets, waders, kayaks... all we have! That will be a much more interesting post I hope,but here are some pics of today's finds. I'd love to figure out what this huge iron piece is... maybe I can go to sleep lol. I'm throwing in a few pics of my favorite few stubbies... the lowenbrau I found today, an Anheiser? Bush(I'm from st louis and Budweiser is my favorite beer,lol), and a schlitz(I just like the logo with the globe). Yes I know these are basically just junk, but I like the look of them and find lots of varieties lol. I brought the "beaver stick" home to see if my daughter and wife could guess what it was... they couldnt lol. I have always had a thing for the beaver sticks since I was a kid, dont really know why. Thanks for all the support guys and I look forward to posting my next hunt at the spot we found scouting today! Happy and safe hunting to all! 20200129_235145.jpg20200129_235203.jpg20200129_235215.jpg20200129_235225.jpg20200129_235246.jpg20200129_235503.jpg20200129_235559.jpg20200129_235901.jpg20200129_235727.jpg20200129_235804.jpg20200129_235834.jpg

Upvote 9
Nice finds, keep at it goodies await your coil! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back