Highbanker dredge combo

With the force of the water, the back of the hopper will do just that. You shouldn't need to make any adjustments. Have you taken it out yet? Do so before you change anything.

A flapper prior to them insipid grizzly bars and 1 prior to the riffles helps deaireate,slow it down and spread it out. That drop from upper to lower level screws up and aireates the flow too much. Go to Proline website and copy dredge setup so no more topper involvement and,much less gold loss and much more materials moved-John

Ok this is my luck. I recieved the combo and motor and pump last week. And I had off work today so I figured I would get it set up and start to break in the motor and pump to make sure everything is right ... Well I put oil in gas in and went to prime the pump and the water is just running out the seal. So any ideas how long it takes for the seal to sweal or do you think the seal might be bad

Check the nuts and bolts on the pump as they may have came loose during shipping. Also, when it was assembled, they may have actually leave the nuts and bolts loose intentionally to allow the seals to expand and contract before the pump is actually used. Once you have checked the nuts and bolts and tighten any that need it, the seal should swell and the leaks stop fairly quickly. However, you can prime the pump with very warm to almost hot water which will aid the swelling of the seals quickly. It seems that many times when I take my' highbanker/dredge and pump out to get Gold, I always have to retighten a few nuts and bolts on the pump due to them vibrating loose on the previous trip/run.

Now, if you do the above and it never stops leaking, then contact the Seller or Manufacturer of the Combo to get replacement seals.

Frank

Last edited:
Thanks frank I did check the 4 bolts first before I started , but where it's leaking from is the seal were it meets the motor

Thanks frank I did check the 4 bolts first before I started , but where it's leaking from is the seal were it meets the motor

Then in that case, I would recommend contacting the Seller and/or Manufacturer as any disassembly of the pump to fix the problem, could in fact void any warranty.

Frank

I used a flap of EPDM rubber roofing material. The stuff works great for this. I have also seen people install a brush or broom of sorts to do the same thing. a section of slick plate somewhere under the flap is also a good idea too.

Check the nuts and bolts on the pump as they may have came loose during shipping. Also, when it was assembled, they may have actually leave the nuts and bolts loose intentionally to allow the seals to expand and contract before the pump is actually used. Once you have checked the nuts and bolts and tighten any that need it, the seal should swell and the leaks stop fairly quickly. However, you can prime the pump with very warm to almost hot water which will aid the swelling of the seals quickly. It seems that many times when I take my' highbanker/dredge and pump out to get Gold, I always have to retighten a few nuts and bolts on the pump due to them vibrating loose on the previous trip/run.

Now, if you do the above and it never stops leaking, then contact the Seller or Manufacturer of the Combo to get replacement seals.

Frank

I'm sorry but you are wrong sir. Keene uses a ceramic pump seal and there is no expanding/contracting. These seals are pressed in very tightly and sealed at Keene. They do have a a rubber boot on the impeller and bonded rubber between the spring and housing but nothing that will expand/contract unless your dealing with some major temperature extreme's.

IMG_20140602_125435.jpg

IMG_20140602_125446.jpg
You can clearly see the crack when I spread the seal

IMG_20140602_125503.jpg
I pulled apart to show the bonding rubber at the base

IMG_20140602_125516.jpg
This part of seal is for the impeller and is just a rubber boot over the ceramic seal.

OP, check that your impeller is tight but my guess is they broke the seal when they installed. You'll need to contact whom ever you purchased from to get a replacement.

I did contact them today ,and the customer service I got was great and top of the line satisfaction with the person that took care of me . I will order and buy stuff from them again because I know. If something is wrong they will help fix the issue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back