High Banker Cheap and Useful? DIY add ons

Wolfsdragoons

Greenie
May 17, 2024
Thought I'd share, I just realized you can use a remote shutoff switch to control your pump, cheap on amazon and works well.

Also, I've been thinking about how to get the gold to drop out better in muddy soil, which is 100% of the dirt on my claim.

For a cheap solution, I cracked open an Xbox controller, removed the rumble motors, zip tied it to a solar cable management tab, added a 9v battery and have some vibration added.

This is the first concept, I plan on wiring into the remote. Hopefully it will help a bit.

I’d also put one on the hopper, cool idea. A dream mat highbanker with gold hog riffles, that’s freaking awesome.

I’d also put one on the hopper, cool idea. A dream mat highbanker with gold hog riffles, that’s freaking awesome.

Since I have to hike this down 1/4 mile 45 degree ravine. I picked up two 20ah batteries, at 5lbs and compact should fit in the pack.
I added a 5v step down converter for the rumble motor, not quite enough, will bump it up to 9v.
I also added an extension that should with my muddy clay material. Can't wait to get it to the claim to put it to work.

Hell yeah rocking the unistrut! I use a lot of that. Reed Lukens here turned me on that stuff. I used to work a claim that had a ton of clay but damn the gold was good.

I found that the more water depth and the more material that you add to the sluice you'll need more vibration ! the more material /water in the sluice dampens the action of the vibration.
At 5v, the vibration doesn't do much, at 12v it gets things moving around but dang those little motors get 🔥. So next test will be with two at 9v to see how it's shaking.

Thanks for the advice.

At 5v, the vibration doesn't do much, at 12v it gets things moving around but dang those little motors get 🔥. So next test will be with two at 9v to see how it's shaking.

Thanks for the advice.
This will be the final form for now. Added 9V step down converter and used two vibration motors one from Xbox one from PS4 controller I had laying around. Planning on putting it to work this weekend, hopefully will have some gold to show for it.

On my Vortxrex system project I was thinking about using a small 3d printed pelton wheel to drive an offset weight for vibrations on a small shaker deck vs using a 12v motor to run a trommel. I honestly can’t imagine those vibrators from video game controllers are designed for continuous run. I wonder if the controller used on that submarine…..

On my Vortxrex system project I was thinking about using a small 3d printed pelton wheel to drive an offset weight for vibrations on a small shaker deck vs using a 12v motor to run a trommel. I honestly can’t imagine those vibrators from video game controllers are designed for continuous run. I wonder if the controller used on that submarine…..
Im at the claim now and did a four hour run. Unfortunately, I broke a wire on one of them in transit. However, the remaining one cranked along well for the full time.
As I've found so far the weak point is the tiny wires. These were free to me and just something to try. Although, I think I'll get more benefit from the 4 foot extension, giving the gold a little more time to drop out of the muddy clay soil. I'll be putting that to the test in the morning, hopefully I'll see a bit more gold.
IMG_20240830_175745.jpg

Im at the claim now and did a four hour run. Unfortunately, I broke a wire on one of them in transit. However, the remaining one cranked along well for the full time.
As I've found so far the weak point is the tiny wires. These were free to me and just something to try. Although, I think I'll get more benefit from the 4 foot extension, giving the gold a little more time to drop out of the muddy clay soil. I'll be putting that to the test in the morning, hopefully I'll see a bit more gold.
View attachment 2166343
I cannot say enough praise of a nice length of slick plate sluice before the riffles!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back