Hi from northern Cali

sgt809

Jun 15, 2008
Hello all, stumbled across this site when looking to ID a full bottle of liquid I found:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,163214.0.html
This looks like a fun place to talk, and I think I am starting to get the bug!
I am a Correctional Sergeant here in northern cali, and own an older home in a neighborhood with a lot of late 1800 homes. I am always finding weird stuff, so I may be looking for guidance from time to time. Happy hunting all!!

Welcome to Mugs. (a mug shot would be nice....lol) That old home sounds like a great place to hunt. Looking forward to seeing more of your finds.

HH,
Pepper

Welcome from Central Cali...aa

Old homes are nice to hunt...check out the front doorway area and around old trees. Welcome to Mugs! :coffee2:

WelcomeSign2.gif

Attachments

• WelcomeSign2.gif
    WelcomeSign2.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 480
Thank you for that information. The tsunami reached within 30 feet of our house...so I can tell you there is probably a lot of construction debris from that era around my property when they were rebuilding the area.
And yes the inmates are bad, but know that those busses are the equivelant to a moving prison, so dont worry too much. anything can happen, but I would like to think were readyfor a lot of it! :D

Good to see you aboard! Have you tried beach hunting?? There are a LOT of wrecks from the 1800's on just outside the harbor. With the way those waves and storms pound Crescent City, you should be able to find some good relics along the coast line!!

As soon as I get a detector I will check out the currents in the area and hunt ome likely spots. There are tons of shipqrecks, and after every big storm you can walk on the beach and see the evidence of it. It would be cool to get in there and see if I can find anything of value or interest. There was a ship that sank here full of gold that was never recovered.....never find it with a metal detector, but I would settle for just a little washed up gold :D

:wave: I can't believe that I've never been to California..Been to Europe three times, but not to California, go figure. Hope your detecting brings you much joy and wealth, but mainly joy..Take care :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back