hey VPR, found that 1822 LC youre looking for...

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey VPR, found that 1822 LC you're looking for...

and a worn-out 1834 half cent as well. the half cent turns out to be one of those scarce-yet-non-valuable issues (just 141,000 made). aren't those always the ones that turn up toast? still, a two copper day is nothing to shake a stick at, i guess...

the green glass button with a woman's profile carved incuse into the face of the glass was found last night at my favorite early American site, which has produced several old coppers, my GW button, and a large handful of War of 1812 buttons. i was out for a couple of hours, and this was my only non-ferrous signal of the night. getting down to it. sorry about the yellow light in the second pic. the true color is closer to the scan.

the iron ox-and-cart toy was found a few days ago at the site that burned in the 1830's that produced a coupla coppers and a Spanish silver a week or two ago. should i electrolysis it or no? the other half of it may be out there somewhere. i was trying to move big iron pieces to see what was underneath, and kicked it out from the leaves.

thanks for looking, and HH,

dwayne

Attachments

• Scanned Image 100820000.jpg
    Scanned Image 100820000.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 470
  • Scanned Image 100820002.jpg
    Scanned Image 100820002.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 453
  • Scanned Image 100820004.jpg
    Scanned Image 100820004.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 457
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 469
  • P1010003_2.jpg
    P1010003_2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 0
Re: hey VPR, found that 1822 LC you're looking for...

Rick, this is a little off topic, but your avatar pic looks so much like my first boss, it's SPOOKY. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest...
And yes, that cart DOES need some new wheels.

Those are neat finds. I like the toy. I wonder how old it is?
Dman

Alot of good the Large Cents clipped to my ears did me ! The question is...... WHO will find the lost "21"?
I guess that your wearyness of those fickle copper gods have done you some good !

Looking forward to more of your awsome finds, VPR

Great finds ! Ihave a soft spot for cast iron toys ! This is my fave that you found ! The ox ad cart came out nice and clean ! You would gain little and perhaps lose some detail using electroylis at this pont ! I only use it for really crusted over Iron ! A couple of applications of stove black is all you need at this point for a good presentation and preserative !! MaineRelic.

Dman said:
Those are neat finds. I like the toy. I wonder how old it is?
Dman

The house on the site supposedly burned in the 1830s and was never rebuilt, but most of the horse-drawn type cast iron toys I've found in research are from the late 1800s. Perhaps there was a child playing in the ruins over the years?

Iron Patch said:
Nice wax seal. :thumbsup: You should add it to the thread.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,175497.0.html

IP, thanks for the ID. I've added the seal to the thread. There's some really nice ones over there!

VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Alot of good the Large Cents clipped to my ears did me ! The question is...... WHO will find the lost "21"?
I guess that your wearyness of those fickle copper gods have done you some good !

Looking forward to more of your awsome finds, VPR

Sometimes I also clip large cents to my ears, but occasionally that doesn't work, so I connect them to a smallish battery, and that usually gets things working again...

MaineRelic said:
Great finds ! Ihave a soft spot for cast iron toys ! This is my fave that you found ! The ox ad cart came out nice and clean ! You would gain little and perhaps lose some detail using electroylis at this pont ! I only use it for really crusted over Iron ! A couple of applications of stove black is all you need at this point for a good presentation and preserative !! MaineRelic.

Thanks for the preservation tips, MaineRelic. Any idea as to the age of a piece like this?

Never found a seal , did you try it out yet ??? nice finds Well done ds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations, Dwayne, on that large copper. Where the coppers hide, I sweep with passion. :headbang: You are going to dig a beautiful Vermont copper soon. I feel it! :headbang:

Kirk

Kirk PA said:
Congratulations, Dwayne, on that large copper. Where the coppers hide, I sweep with passion. :headbang: You are going to dig a beautiful Vermont copper soon. I feel it! :headbang:

Kirk

that would be SWEET. so far all I've been able to find here in NY are Connecticut coppers.
maybe today i should hook the car battery up to the coppers clipped to my ears when i go out a wandering...

CMDiamonddawg said:
Never found a seal , did you try it out yet ??? nice finds Well done ds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CMD, here ya go. I was curious about that myself, but couldn't find a proper medium until i stumbled upon some kneaded eraser. Which, by the way, did wonders in pulling dirt out from the cracks as I was trying to pull a good impression. Took me about ten tries before the dirt was mostly off. Something to try on other stuff in the future, i guess.

Attachments

• P1010065_2.jpg
    P1010065_2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 256

OK OK OK.....what did I tell you about the '22......I mean, was it there, or not????? Can't heeeeaaaaaarrrrrrr you!!!
BUT BUT BUT......you overlooked the '21.......it's still there. (Being as how I was right on about the '22, then when you
find the '21, you can send it to me.......and I'll go into a trance, and see if I can "spirit" some other coins yurn way. :laughing7: :laughing7:
Seriously, you guys are tearing it up. WTG. I do hope you find the 1821......WOW!! What a set, and something to
put in a book. :thumbsup:

2 coppers is AWESOME! Nice job man, lookin forward to your posts

I love the wax seal! Great coppers as well, Dwayne!

KILLER Seal Matrix!!! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back