Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well actually....I didn't find it..... ::) My hubby did.... ::) But.... I know he won't mind me claiming to have found it..... ;D

You know that jar of miscellaneous stuff that most everyone has got sitting on the computer desk.....well.....he was looking for something in it and found a 1941 S quarter!

Anyhow...didn't get to go digging this weekend...so it was a nice suprise.... :)

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 1941quarter002.JPG
    1941quarter002.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 644
  • 1941quarter001.JPG
    1941quarter001.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 639
Upvote 0
Dont they just "feel" neat?
I love the weight compared to the new ones,
Must of had to be a brut back in the early days
to carry a pocketfull of them huh? LOL..... ;D
Really nice,
One of my alltime favorite coins,
Did i mention the way they feel in your hand? :D
I LOVE THAT..... ;)
Regards,
Eddie

Hey great find Nana!! hmm....now where's that jar of mine? WTG!! HH

Neat find, hard to believe its still in circulation so to speak. HH, Mike

Did i mention the way they feel in your hand? :D
I LOVE THAT..... ;)

I know exactly what you mean, Eddie... A while back the Coinstar machine kicked back a silver quarter and a silver dime. I keep them both right here on my computer desk and often pick one or the other up to just feel the heft... to appreciate the color...
It doesn't matter where they come from, Nana - as long as you're the one who's got them now!
R.

Hey thanks yall! Yes....it is a lot better than bullets!!! And yes I do love the feel of silver....AND the sound is so distinctive! If you get a silver coin in change you can really tell the difference in the way it sounds from the modern coins...

;)

Neat surprise!!!
You might want to check on that year/Mint mark... I've got it down in my log as a rare coin. I look on my usual coin page, but it didn't tell me anything, not sure where I read it at, but it might be worth looking into... There are two verities of "S" mint marks, a large one & a small one...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Nice find!

HH

Lonewolfe

Pretty cool Nana! Nice coin! Most of my silver is from change I recieved etc. I don't have anywhere near as much from detecting yet. It is however all fun to find!

-Mike

Nice find Nana! Finds from checking your change count just as much as a detector find! Silver is silver!! I have foud many wheaties and a few silver Rosies and Mercs over the years, and just a few weeks ago I found a 1998 S proof nickel! ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CHANGE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back