Hey, guys! I can’t wait to start showing off mine and my husband’s finds!

Soult

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2024
Hey, there! New member here. I’m new to rockhounding as well. Most of my collection is made up of some pretty interesting rocks and minerals that I’ve stumbled upon by chance. The most interesting specimen in my collection; A large chunk of septarian with dark, almost black crystal veins. Found it in a creek full of septarian. Nothing to write home about, but it’s one of my favorites. My husband also found a peach colored lace agate with similar colored quartz. He somehow noticed it on a walk. I actually stepped right over it. We didn’t know how special it was until he picked it up.

Anyway, my husband is currently in Utah on a business trip. I told him to bring me back some rocks, so he and his coworkers went rockhounding for a few of their team building exercises. All I have are pictures, but I’m just dying to know what all he’s bringing home to me. Most of them are geodes. Some look to be agates. There’s a lot of different colors and odd characteristics that I’d like to know more about. That’s why I’ve joined this forum.

Hey, there! New member here. I’m new to rockhounding as well. Most of my collection is made up of some pretty interesting rocks and minerals that I’ve stumbled upon by chance. The most interesting specimen in my collection; A large chunk of septarian with dark, almost black crystal veins. Found it in a creek full of septarian. Nothing to write home about, but it’s one of my favorites. My husband also found a peach colored lace agate with similar colored quartz. He somehow noticed it on a walk. I actually stepped right over it. We didn’t know how special it was until he picked it up.

Anyway, my husband is currently in Utah on a business trip. I told him to bring me back some rocks, so he and his coworkers went rockhounding for a few of their team building exercises. All I have are pictures, but I’m just dying to know what all he’s bringing home to me. Most of them are geodes. Some look to be agates. There’s a lot of different colors and odd characteristics that I’d like to know more about. That’s why I’ve joined this forum.
Welcome aboard! Lots of information within this site and plenty of knowledgeable folks that can help with just about anything.👍🏼
I Love the hunt…of just about anything, but rocks do have a special place for me. Especially the agates, the more colors, lines, bullseyes and lacy sections the better. Minnesota Lake Superior agates are some of my favorites, having lived there for a number of years, it was nice to hunt on a regular basis…luckily when I moved to Florida I brought a couple buckets with me for polishing.😬 Great stuff.
What part of the country do you live in… Your husband should bring some great samples back from Utah, plenty of interesting stuff…. Here is a link to Rockchasing, a site dedicated to rockhounds. See 🔗 https://rockchasing.com/utah-rocks-minerals-gems/ You can find your own state and see what information is available, should be some usable information there.

Good luck and once again, welcome aboard!👋🏼

blh

Welcome aboard!

When you do post pics of a rock for identification, please be aware it can be very difficult to accurately identify by photo alone. It would be helpful to provide as much additional information as possible.

Nobody would expect anyone to have all of this info., but whatever you can glean would be helpful, and it is in the jargon of rockhounding. 😉

Hey, there! New member here...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...

Welcome aboard!

When you do post pics of a rock for identification, please be aware it can be very difficult to accurately identify by photo alone. It would be helpful to provide as much additional information as possible.

Nobody would expect anyone to have all of this info., but whatever you can glean would be helpful, and it is in the jargon of rockhounding. 😉
Of course! I’m usually more descriptive and detailed than my husband is. I would have posted more information, but he’s the one who collected these. I wasn’t there, and he hasn’t returned from his trip yet. I only have the pictures and that they were found somewhere in Utah.

Welcome to a very fine forum . There is a LOT of VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE helpful people on here

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Welcome to our group from Oregon!

i hope you enjoy it here and respect the rules

Best of luck to you and hubby toward your future finds... Brad

OV Great pictures AS USUAL !!

Welcomed

🤗🤗

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back