Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2

Attachments

• mered.jpg
    mered.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 602
Great picture guy. Glad to see ya !! Welcome to MUGS.

Weclome to TNet...

Looking forward to seeing your future finds..

HH from M2

Attachments

• welcome11.gif
    welcome11.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 535
  • welcome11.gif
    welcome11.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 539
Bernhards Bay!

Ha... Man, I lived in Taberg for several years while stationed at Griffiss in Rome!

You live there right on Onieda Lake? I walleye fished there for many years! That lake has some awesome perch and bass too!

Jeez you live in a very historical area, I look forward to your finds and posts.

Welcome to Treasurenet!

Thanks all i feel very welcome,as for being hooked that is the under statement of the century.I the day i found this forum i was here 5 straight hours,and that was only in two threads lmao.

And to Montana Jim:yes the lake is a great producer of walleyes,huge perch,as well as small/largemouth bass although the walleye population has dwindled since days past(was regarded one of the best fisheries in the country once) fishing is a big part of my life was my first love,but needless too say treasure hunting has knocked fishing into second place ;)...Ive been doing research for this area and haven't found too much success finding stuff on the net,if you or anyone else can hook me up with a few links it will greatly appreciated.once again thanks to you all for making a newbie feel welcome. ;D

Man - are you kidding? Get to the historic society in Rome! Lots of history there, and some damned OLD houses!

There was a ton of activity there around Fort Stanwix, and of course the first shovelful of dirt was dug for Clinton's Ditch (Erie canal) there... hell there was like ten other little forts around that area! I'd be talking to some land owners, and, try to get with the local medal detector club... I cannot recall the name of the group though.

I've been gone from there for eleven years now...

It's always nice to have another addicted person join us at MDA. :D :D

Really, T-Net is a fantastic place to be.

;) RR

Attachments

• welcome_cat.gif
    welcome_cat.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 476
Yea i wasn't thinking about that i am 10 min. from sylvan beach,also i found out that in this area the french bought all this land from the Iroquois Indians,in the middle of the lake there is an island called frenchmans island that was a resting spot for french troops during the war of 1812..your deff. right the more i think about it the more i can ramble.I am about 25 minutes from Rome i actually ice fished in delta lake lol opportunities abound

Yuppers! Delta Lake was made in... um... damnit I don't remember. My wife's great grandmother owner a farm house there (that was flooded) where they made the lake. From above ya' can still see the streets and some foundations where the town was - through the water.

The Baron Von Steuben house is still on the edge of Delta Lake, there's an interesting fellow... a little history there. He lived on land given to him by General George Washington. I used to hunt very near there... for Deer, not Coins. :)

And like you mentioned... man-oh-man the Indian history there is rich as well. Mohawk, Iroquois... the list goes on!

I spent most of my day today researching my immediate and surrounding areas,damn did i find alot of places as well as a major history lesson.Now all i need is to get a detector because looking at everyones finds are driving me insane..lol..i have tomorrow off and I'm going to do some fishing at fish creek,i probably will dig through the bank side with some sifting and digging tools although I'm detectorless at this time i wont let it stop me(I GOTS THE FEVER).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back