Here we go!

curious man

Mar 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's give it another try. The administrator said TNet runs on two servers, and only one of them was properly configured to allow up to 5mb uploads. They say they corrected the setup now. Hope so.

As originally said: I was told that my Great Great uncle an archaeologist dug this up somewhere in South or Central America. He also worked in Egypt, but I don't think it looks like it's from there. Except that it stands like the Sphynx. It's made of clay not gold, and just a couple inches tall and fits in your hand. Anyone have an ID for this and is worth anything. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    991.3 KB · Views: 195
As the three wise men said (the three stooges): Success! Success!!!

Upvote 0
I actually hope your right; I thought the eyes look kind a indian from the americas.

Upvote 0
Only a expert in South/Central America or Egypt will be able too correctly help you with this i am sure if you search around online you can find one that is close and bring this artifact too them. I do not think anyone would be in their rights to 100% ID this without seeing it,holding it,etc in person. Let us know what you find out if you ever get it looked @ by an expert.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your right only an expert at close contact could know for sure, but this is the most exposure I've ever given it. Just wanted see what the folks said before I start down that road. Thanks for you advice.

Upvote 0
Very cool - I think it look Myan, or Inca - from the Yucatan or S. America....could it be from Peru - Machu Pichu? Both the Myans and the Incas were societies without a lot of gold.

Upvote 0
Another angle:

Sending shots one at a time because of large MB.

Attachments

• DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    981.1 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Very cool - I think it look Myan, or Inca - from the Yucatan or S. America....could it be from Peru - Machu Pichu? Both the Myans and the Incas were societies without a lot of gold.

I agree, the ear plugs and facial features look Myan or Inca to me, however I'm no expert. They had little offerings to the gods and they placed them in the corn fields and other places they were growing things, but I don't know what you have, if it's one of those offerings, but it's a place to start your research.

Upvote 0
OPPOSITE SIDE FROM THE LAST

Just to give you all a little background. We found this in my Grandmothers garage after her death.

Attachments

• DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    997.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
Did your granmother live in the south west? I also believe this is mayan because of the ear "rings", also the face just looks central american .

Upvote 0
She grew up in Bogota Colombia then moved to California then Florida. Great Great uncle the archaeologist was from England.

Upvote 0
The Back

Here is the back, I'll be sending the bottom tomorrow after some shut eye.

Attachments

• DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
My first thought was Mayan.

mayan.jpg

Here is one with similar characteristics - Mayan Pre-classical figurine.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Sending shots one at a time because of large MB.

You can change the size of your file. I open mine with "Paint" and resize it there. I go about 30% and that seems to work well for me, especially with multi pics. Good luck with your search!

Upvote 0
I have seen one very much like it in college.If memory serves it may be peruvian fertility idol.Note hands on stomach.Just a guess but an area for research.Good luck....pat

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back