Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out with my Whites Prizm-2 yesterday and I hit an unseen iron stake hard enough to crack the plastic cover on my coil, now when I get a hit my indicator jumps up and down the screen between nail and 50 cents, when I put it on pinpoint I get a continuous signal no matter if the coil is on the ground or up in the air. Is there an adjustment on this thing?

Probably new coil time, or new detector.. I would suggest the latter as thing have improved a lot in the entry lever machines since the Prizm-2 A "New" coil for that from white is $149, you may find one on ebay for less but if it does not work or has issues you may be stuck.

Ok, I also have a Whites coinmaster 6000-D , but I'm not really sure how to use it, any advice?

I think I'm going shopping for an MX-5, they're about $600. If I can convince the wife I need it that is.

Sounds like that iron stake may have been a good thing[emoji12]

I fixed it, I opened it up and saw 2 small tuners at the bottom of the circuit board, one on each corner. One was marked "threshold ", and I couldn't read the other. I checked the back of the case and found 2 tiny plugs in line with the tuners which I popped out. With a tiny screwdriver in hand, I put the machine on pinpoint and just a slight tweak silenced the screaming. I then laid out a test garden and was getting a beep and a honk for a silver quarter and the screen was pointing to a copper penny. I laid the detector on the table and had my son wave the quarter back and forth while I adjusted the other tuner. The honking went away and the screen shows a quarter, all seems fine now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back