HELP

alwayssearching

May 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone, anyone,
PLEASE HELP,
I was hunting on a mans property and we agreed to split any finds 50/50.. Coins would have been easy to identify, but as luck would have it, I dug up a token from the "Dallas Texas State Fair 1908" and it has proven to be a challenge to put a price on this GREAT find.
Is there anyone out there that can help me with a dollar value and perhaps a valid way to prove to the homeowner the worth. I would pay almost anything to get this back!!!!!

You gave him the token? I understand you wanting to do your due dillegence and let him in on finds for permission to hunt. But really, whats the point?

Now if you found 100 dollars in Silver coins, it makes sense. But if you find a couple rosies and some wheats....were you splitting that too?

If the guy was any real person, he would tell you to keep your finds....if not...you just have a greddy landowner having you do the dirty work.

I personally wouldnt NEVER make that deal for typical finds....I would tell them I would split any BIG finds...but little stuff goes in the pocket.

Wouldnt be worth it hunting if i had to hand over half my finds....I already do that with my Paycheck

Upvote 0
diggin-n-dumps does have a point about greediness i came across a land owner that way

Upvote 0
Easy solution... Have him sell it on ebay. You buy it for whatever it takes to win and he gives you half the money back.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
If it helps, I found a Texas State Fair coin from 1894 that sold on ebay 3 years ago for $122.

Texas State Fair Dallas Exposition 1894 Bronze MedalTexas State Fair Dallas Exposition 1894 Bronze Medal

[h=2]Seller information[/h]celluloid (18217)
99.8% Positive feedback

Follow this seller

See other items

Visit store:
Tokenpro's Americana

[h=2]Item Information[/h]Item condition:
--not specified

Ended:
Apr 23, 201120:03:54 PDT

Winning bid:
US $122.50 +$1.50 shipping

[ 17 bids ]

No additional import charges at delivery!
This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Learn more

Shipping:
$1.50 Standard Shipping | See details

Item location:
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Ships to:
WorldwideSee exclusions

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back